Les Tossers en France meet?

3BsBiking

Reaction score
Hi

I see it has been suggested before but not sure if anything ever happened.

We would be happy to host a meet for the Tossers living in France. We're pretty central in dept 87 Haute Vienne with plenty of space for camping (or b&b if people prefer, booked in advance).
We would provide a simple evening meal (chilli, jacket spuds & salad or something similar), beer, wine and soft drinks and some music for a small fee to cover costs :beerjug:
Dates wise it would probably be a Saturday in early September.
I realise it's a long way in advance and there's no need to commit now but it would be good to have some idea of interest.
Also open to non French resident Tossers who wish to come and stays can be extended :thumb2
So, any interest???

I went to two track days at the circuit. Good fun.

I'd be up for dropping by (B&B) assuming the dates work in September.

I have 2 trips in the 2016 calendar including at least an overnight in France. These are March & June so one in September seems appropriate.

Pencil me in for a Dinner, B&B room for maybe 2 nights - need a room to myself as last time I shared a bunkhouse I had a trainer thrown at me due to snoring.

Some friends ran a B&B hear Rocamadour where I stayed a few times so I have passed through without stopping to explore. Time to correct that.

My June trip will be not too far from you as I'm staying in La Bourboule for 3 nights to explore Les Volcanes

Cool! Thanks for the replies. I think the best thing is to set a date and then go from there. As Kevin Costner heard 'if you build it, they will come' :)
I just need to make sure we avoid the Saturday in September when we get road blocked in by the car rally....3 stages go past the bottom of our drive and whilst it's great fun, we can't get in or out for the day....

Ohh la la

Sounds like a great idea, though you could be closer to England than here :) Let me know when the dates are fixed, and I'll work things round. Camping should be fine in September, even for a southern softie like me :D

Salut.../Rob

Depending on dates, I would also be up for this as a stop over on my way down south. Are the dates set for this 'reunion des branleurs'?

My inlaws live nearby in La tronchaise, I was there in October 15 on my gs, lovely part of France, you live in Oradour itself?

Couple of km from La Tronchaise. Give me a shout when you are over next.

Have friends who own a big heap in st jouine des marnes so I could make a tour out of it, it's a great idea but too many uncertainties my end to make the commitment. I'll keep an eye on this thread though just in case I can do it.

Now our diary is firming up, we have a date for this meet. We are proposing Saturday 3rd September.
For anyone wishing to stay over so they can enjoy a bevvy or two, we have 4 en suite, twin rooms and a 6 man bunk room. Strictly first come, first served. Special Tosser rates of €55 for a twin room or €25 for a bed in the bunk room (ear plugs supplied ;-) ). That includes a continental breakfast. Plenty of space for camping @ €6.
I realise it's a way in advance but some people like to make their plans. Please RSVP if you intend to come, even if not staying over as I need an idea of how many to cater for. I will post a reminder nearer the time and also start a thread in the meets section to let a wider audience know about it.
FYI our nearest town is Saint Yrieix La Perche, in the Haute Vienne.

Back
Top Bottom