Hover boards

its all poo

Reaction score
Has anyone had one of these ?. I have one and I have to say its amazing and a realy different experience. I have of course got a bad elbow and gravel rash on my hand.
Most import lesson dont jump off just stop and step off.

Saw a couple of young lads playing with an electric skateboard at a local supermarket carpark yesterday. It went like billyo! looked like a lot of fun.

Are these the ones that catch fire/explode and have been deemed unsafe by HSE and trading standards?

Are these the ones that catch fire/explode and have been deemed unsafe by HSE and trading standards?

There's some seriously nasty shit in those batteries as well.........

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9bAZfe7b9uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ive just read that motorbikes fall over sometimes must sell mine as i cant possibly manage that risk !

Oh lets think about fat, cigs, booze and stress so im so scared now im going to give them all up like you obviously have

Hi

It will be interesting to see who is the first person to be prosecuted for using one on the road or public place.

Being mechanically propelled they require to same compliance to the Con & Use Regs, plus the normal driving documentation.

But, I'm sure that's not mentioned in the sales pitch.

Hi

It will be interesting to see who is the first person to be prosecuted for using one on the road or public place.

Being mechanically propelled they require to same compliance to the Con & Use Regs, plus the normal driving documentation.

I'm sure as soon as the police have sorted all the murders, they'll be right on it!

Hi

Are they not the same as an electric bicycle, which as far as I know requires no driving documentation??

I'm pretty sure they have already been deemed unsafe by the powers that be, and all legitimate UK sellers have refunded/recalled them

Are they not the same as an electric bicycle, which as far as I know requires no driving documentation??

I'm pretty sure they have already been deemed unsafe by the powers that be, and all legitimate UK sellers have refunded/recalled them
Electric bicycles are exempt because of the pedals. Hover boards are classed the. Same as Segways and, in a ruling a few years ago, were ruled as being motor vehicles. So, technically, can't be used on roads or pavements.
However the first rule of common dog applies. I.e. If it's not an issue, it's not an issue.
If people start being twats then the police can be twats too.

Hi

An electrically propelled bicycle requires the pedal power to be the primary form of propulsion, with a cut off at 15mph.

Any mechanically propelled vehicle is expected to fit with the existing regulations. I ended up with a stated case for the 'Goped', following a transexual magician called Gaye Presto running over my foot with one in Soho.

Just remind me why I enjoy being retired police.:beer:

Electric bicycles are exempt because of the pedals. Hover boards are classed the. Same as Segways and, in a ruling a few years ago, were ruled as being motor vehicles. So, technically, can't be used on roads or pavements.
However the first rule of common dog applies. I.e. If it's not an issue, it's not an issue.
If people start being twats then the police can be twats too.

I stand corrected :D

Coming to a trailer-park, near you..............

12419044_1056701611055637_6940953248943207842_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom