FLHTP - Electra Glide

I looked at an ex-po-leece Road King some years ago. What put me off was the high output alternator that was in the right hand pannier (to power the wah-wahs, lights and radio etc.)....

I'm not familiar with current police bikes but some years ago police bikes came with ABS before it was available on the consumer line-up. That early ABS pump was quite large and located in the right saddle bag simply because it had to be added on. HD's subsequent ABS system is more compact and has been relocated from the saddlebag and integrated.

.... And they're nee nahs, not wah wahs ..

Carry on ....

I'm not familiar with current police bikes but some years ago police bikes came with ABS before it was available on the consumer line-up. That early ABS pump was quite large and located in the right saddle bag simply because it had to be added on. HD's subsequent ABS system is more compact and has been relocated from the saddlebag and integrated.

Bingo...That's what it was. I remember the conversation now about the ABS and that the early system didn't work very well.

.... And they're nee nahs, not wah wahs ..

Carry on ....

These were American – different noise you see...definitely wah wahs.

No, I only stumbled on it Saturday whilst randomly searching, and I can procrastinate for England so no imminent decision.

Its a good excuse for a trek down to Kent for the weekend to go and have a look.

RBW.

Most dealers have one of each at the mo, seems HD are pushing them out......and I,m with you on the procrastination......

Well...I've had a fucking good look in the panniers...and I can confirm there are no alternators, ABS pumps or Syrian refugees....

This is important to you isn't it! :D

It certainly is now......:green gri

You are going to need to widen your search.

The one I saw was an early model when abs (on HDs) weren't on bikes for joe public. My guess is abs has moved on somewhat since then. You'll need to have a look in the pannier of an older one. If I remember rightly about 2002...although as has been demonstrated in this thread, my memory is not in tip top, peak condition. Good luck in your quest.

Back
Top Bottom