1997 Suzuki tu250xv Fueling problem.

ityjoe1959

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any help/advice pointers much appreciated.
Little 250 starts up fine but when revved, fuel is collecting in air box and literally pouring out of air filter breather hose.
Was coming out of carb overflow but stripped and cleaned carb and now this is happening.
And we are not talking drips but a constant heavy flow.
Never seen anything like it before.
Mikuni carb with diaphragm.
Any ideas??:blast

I'm not familiar with the specific carb / but have had similar problems with Suzukis.
On some carbs the fuel flow is controlled by a tiny diagphram (sp?) by the on/off tap - if this is not in good nick it can give very odd problems; too much or too little fuel.
Also on some Suzukis, there's 'extra' tubing that seems to have no function but goes from one side of the carb to the other. I carefully replaced this on one Bike only to discover (later, much later!) that it should've had a 1mm hole in it (WTF?!).
Also - there's many ways to wrongly route/connect the tubes from tank to carb (or maybe that's just me that can find them!)
I presume you've checked all the obvious; sticky or leaking float / grit under the float needle / sticking slide / perished diaghphram rubber etc?

Good Luck.

Thanks for that.
Checked most bits and ordered a new needle float assembly.
As for pipes, the carb has an outlet on it but no tube???
Can't find any diagrams etc which show me where this should go.
Will see how I get on when bits arrive.

Try reducing the float height 2 or 3 mm.

Thanks for that.
Checked most bits and ordered a new needle float assembly.
As for pipes, the carb has an outlet on it but no tube???
Can't find any diagrams etc which show me where this should go.
Will see how I get on when bits arrive.
pic of the tu250x (not "xv" - dont know if that's different and dog help you if it's a californian model! :blast)
http://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/carburetor_bigsue0104fig10_e8cf.gif

outlet;
is there somewhere for a tube (vacuum line) near / attached to the fuel tap? - if so, i'd try and join the two with a length of pipe and see what happens.

The float assembly housing where it screws into the carb body is fitted with a nitrile o ring , they fall to bits and the carb constantly overfuels common problem on imports with that carb fitted, I've had similar with an impost 400 Katana and an import RF400

Thanks for tips.
Nowhere to fit a vacuum hose to fit and have ordered a new needle valve assembly and o ring but on special order so may have to wait for up to a month!!!
Will update with news when I have any!!

Update.
So new needle valve assembly fitted and new jets and new spark plug.
Bike started first turn and no fuel overflowing but couldn't get it to idle and then stalled.
Couldn't restart it. Stripped and cleaned carb again. Registered starts then stops. Won't restart. Done this 4 times.
Got it stared again took it for a run. Very lumpy and felt as if it was gunning rich then stalled again. Took plug out and very sooty.
Put new plug in but would not start.
Manual says could be blocked starter cannot find this jet at all.
Very damn frustrating

Back
Top Bottom