R1200R what have you done to yours?

Hi ding-dong
That's a list of lists ,, or should that be lusts
Look forward to seeing the finished bike posted on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got one of the last of the oil-cooled, a Dark White, which is unashamedly a "fair weather bike"; an RT is far better in bad weather.
I've got a C Bailey's taller screen, 3M Ventureshield on the vulnerable parts of the paintwork, & Wunderlich fork gaiters.
On a summers day, this is my favourite bike.

Got some bar end mounts made up so now have GS hand guards fitted.

Attachments

• Hand guard 1.jpg
    Hand guard 1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 901
  • mount 1.jpg
    mount 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 904
f070ffa33d9fc874191b3672a0aec1bb.jpg
y

Having noticed the rad fins getting all mangled through the summer I've just fitted this not sure if to leave it silver or paint it black

Hi Wreck diver. No as just about smallest set at 20mm. Did have to fit a small bracket that repositions the lower hose mounting, it came in the kit. Was a bit of a fiddle but lets the hose a bit more slack. Did make a big difference to riding position though, more upright. Not GS upright just takes that pressure of the wrists and and stops you sliding back surprisingly. One of my better buys .

Took the classic out for a run today after swoping the touring screen for the sport screen,mmm not sure.
Hadn't used it for a while,it reminded me how nice these twin cams are:thumby:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 758
2e363f7fa67a888437bf58530a0ebec6.jpg
2b3133f3429f014de84d50c5a3a250cc.jpg

Just fitted different screen
I've added a lower dark tint to the bottom section but I've yet to try it out

2e363f7fa67a888437bf58530a0ebec6.jpg
2b3133f3429f014de84d50c5a3a250cc.jpg

Just fitted different screen
I've added a lower dark tint to the bottom section but I've yet to try it out

That looks like a Puig, though I could be wrong.
Hope you can share your impressions of it in due course!

cheers
tony

Your right on there Tony Puig it is,, but quirky ( like the bike) but fits nicely and not expensive £56

Having ridden with the standard Puig screen I found it caused too much pressure on my forehead and quite a bit of noise from turbulence.. Looking at it and the screen in my GS I decided to hacksaw of some ... First trim made impressive difference but still a bit of noise so trimmed again and not only does it now look like a BMW genetic screen it works fantastically for me.. Cruising at all legal speeds is very comfy and remarkable protection to body for what is a narrow screen..

I then painted the lower inside to hide clocks and in my eyes make a better looking screen ..

Having ridden with the standard Puig screen I found it caused too much pressure on my forehead and quite a bit of noise from turbulence.. Looking at it and the screen in my GS I decided to hacksaw of some ... First trim made impressive difference but still a bit of noise so trimmed again and not only does it now look like a BMW genetic screen it works fantastically for me.. Cruising at all legal speeds is very comfy and remarkable protection to body for what is a narrow screen..

I then painted the lower inside to hide clocks and in my eyes make a better looking screen ..

3fd4a918397d2f55f406513234157ea7.jpg
1ea251d9337e942226285edb846c30d2.jpg
2c9474742172d66c32952c433a7734f9.jpg

After summer trip front puncture caused problems. Swap wires for alloys. Looks good to me and dam sight easier to keep clean :D
Phone pics so not to clear and bike looks shorter!:nenau

Attachments

• wheel silver.jpg
    wheel silver.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 350
  • New wheels pannier.jpg
    New wheels pannier.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 370
After summer trip front puncture caused problems. Swap wires for alloys. Looks good to me and dam sight easier to keep clean :D
Phone pics so not to clear and bike looks shorter!:nenau

Been thinking about this. Looks great. How did you source the wheels?

Back
Top Bottom