R1200R what have you done to yours?

bellyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thought Id see if anyone has modded or added farkles to their R1200R

I have added a fly screen (not bmw and more of a sports screen) Hugger , Xmachine head covers and some sublte graphics..:thumb2

Sounds good. Got any pictures?

Got a 1200R Classic with a few bits and bobs.. :D

Attachments

• Left side 1.jpg
    Left side 1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,382
  • Pannier right 1.jpg
    Pannier right 1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,417
  • Front 1.jpg
    Front 1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,586
5e02b76623afb68493c05e9dc3a03050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The screen has been altered slightly as the internal black shading was to high.. Pic taken on summer Euro blast 2200 miles in 6 days , bike was fantastic on the twisty stuff cruised well and all day comfy

Hi Ted yours look great. My cousin has a classic but not as tidy as yours.. He races about it.

Got the same model as you bellyboy.
As you say great fun in the mountains and all day comfort.
The only extras I put on are hand guards, tank bag and the wife has just bought me pannier bags ������

Think about mounting a Gopro this year.

Cool picture where was it taken ??

Nice bike, Bellyboy. How's the wind blast at speed with that screen?

Hi bellboy. Its my wifes bike. She swapped her 1200GS for it, fell in love with the classic at the bike show a few years back. Much underrated and I enjoy riding it if I get chance. l still have my GS but could easily be tempted just a blast to ride, bet new WC is a great "twisties" bike..

Love this bike. Ticks all the boxes for me.

Great pic of your bike Bellyboy.:beerjug:

Attachments

• 2009-03-21 01.09.49 (800x600).jpg
    2009-03-21 01.09.49 (800x600).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 2009-03-21 01.10.10 (800x600) (2).jpg
    2009-03-21 01.10.10 (800x600) (2).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,384
Hi thanks for positive comments guys,
I've mounted a stealth action cam via ram to bars and also rear facing using the pannier mount point ( works well and gives different perspective)
The pic is at or near the top of the Col Du Galibier .. Stunning views a great road leads to the base but the ride up is all about the views as surface not conducive to speed ,,

As for wind protection from the screen at m'way speeds (85 ) no pressure to body at all just wind blowing on to helmet which has no real turbulence but at higher speeds ( like on a sports bike) a very slightly crouched position is good for three figure plus blasts or cruising ,, I wish BMW offered something a little more in keeping than the screen they offer ..

This is our one - Me and my Dad are sharing her at the moment (he's got Tinnitus and I've got a 1 year old daughter so made sense!)

Extras fitted - crud catcher, fender extender, mudsling, Touratech Head protectors and Givi SRA5117 monkey rack. Shes got the wardrobe fitted to her at the moment (Givi Trekker Outback 58L) but havent had a chance to try her at speeds to see how the wind sail works! Might the box out for a dry pack like a Kriega US30 as only need to fit a laptop and bits n bobs.

Best colour too

I've got a 30l Kriega which fits on easy and takes loads,,? About 30l I'd say I mostly use a 20l Kriega as sits perfectly on rear seat between grab rails.

I like the fender extender as its not as odd looking as I thought it might be in black ,, one to order I think!

I've just brought this and soon as I got it home it was strip down time, it's got 4k on the clock and it's now getting fettled with
6cfc57d40f45935ecfc653e29104bc75.jpg

That looks like a tidy bike.. what are you doing in the fettle dept?,,

:thumb2

That looks like a tidy bike.. what are you doing in the fettle dept?,,

:thumb2

Translogic quickshifter, Gs handguards, smaller gs wc mirrors, bm led indicators, cruise, powder coating the wheels -hubs- spokes satin black and several other items as well, carbon hugger, and several other little touches, I might even stick some bst Carbon wheels on it

The list is endless ! A big box of bling awaits me.

Nice bike, Bellyboy. How's the wind blast at speed with that screen?

I had a couple of hours test ride on one of these and found the wind blast pretty bad at anything above 70mph, although I normally ride an RT... so the contrast was huge, might not be so noticeable if you are used to a naked/semi naked bike. I am 5' 11".
It cornered really well, very confidence inspiring and felt really planted on the front end compared to the RT which feels a bit heavy in comparison.

Standard Sport cowel is fashion over function and the short BMW screen is ok but agreed at 70+ not very effective ,,
The MRA screen I have is set quite angled to reduce turbulence noise but is really effective up to 80-85 but over that if I tuck down a bit it's still good for three figure riding ..
I've tried the screen in a more upright position and extremely effective at displacing the wind but I found it created turbulence and noise.. It's reasonably easy to adjust so I may experiment more in the summer.
Cornering is in my opinion great it's planted and there's loads of feel and feedback through the forks. ,, boot sliders getting plenty of abuse

Back
Top Bottom