Does the IAM shut down for winter?

Thanks for all of the responses. I'll try some other routes to get a reply. I was trying to be patient and followed the guidance on their website.

IAM groups don't shut down for the winter. By SAM, I assume you mean Solent AM. Their website doesn't appear to be very contact-friendly (i.e. no e-mail addresses), but there is a mobile no. for the Chief Observer and some of the other Observers under "Contact Us".. Give them a ring/leave a message. Any Observer worth his salt will be happy to guide you.

If you go back on the SAM website and click on the link to the membership secretary Steve Rowe, you can then send him an email directly. He's normally good at getting back to people but he might be away on holiday or something, but he is dependable and should reply.

SAM Sundays at Sarisbury Green stop between November and March but club meetings continue throughout the year, as do ride outs, again it's all on the SAM website.

I don't attend many rides or meetings, but I did my "Skills for life" course with SAM and found it enjoyable and enlightening, well worth the course fees. I don't agree blindly with everything they teach, preferring to develop my own style but much of what they teach is excellent. The slow riding courses in particular are superb and always very well attended.

You won't regret it, how much you get from it is up to you.

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get hold of Steve and got my confirmation of joining today. I'm looking forward to getting started.

Back
Top Bottom