LED Headlight Bulbs

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted H1 LED headlight bulbs to anything?

I appreciate the output may not be up to much but that's of no real concern for what I need.

If you have tried any, which ones?

:beerjug:

Not an H1 but I Have fitted an H7 to my GSA main beam, it was very simple, it is very bright but it is rather white - I'm considering getting some Amber headlight glass paint.

It seems to work well with the reflector

Sounds good, I'd best just get a cheap one and try it :beerjug:

I've fitted H4 LED to my 12V Matchless G15CSR really good light and such small current draw, win win.

H4 on my F650 GS. I fitted one of these today.

Before -
Halogen%20H4_zps8h8owea1.jpg

After -

LED%20H4_zpsijzc9bhl.jpg

And yes. My bike is in the front room (thumbs)

I've got Cyclops LED main and dip bulbs on my KTM and they're absolutely fantastic.... Very well made and will melt the paint off a tank at 300 yards :)

I've got Cyclops LED main and dip bulbs on my KTM and they're absolutely fantastic.... Very well made and will melt the paint off a tank at 300 yards :)

Ah, I wondered who bought Nick's ;)

I've been close to the edge on buying a set for mine for a while. Glad to hear you think they are worth it. Apart form the faff of changing (any) bulb on an 1190 were they pretty straight forward to fit?

Andres

I've had mine a while actually...I bought them based on reading the glowingly positive feedback on Advrider.

They're an easy fit to be honest. The harness is just plug and play (Keep a note of which cable is the top and which is the bottom ;) ), and the resistors need a couple of small holes drilling in the headlight bucket and then I riveted mine on. I gather some guys just cable tie them on. Now they've sorted out the resistors they only get lukewarm so no big issues with heat dissipation. It's a bit of a faff taking the bodywork off to get at the headlight but I have a PDF of the service manual with step by step instructions if you would like a copy?

You may need to drop the aiming point of the headlights slightly which is no biggy. The difference in light output and coverage is frankly astounding....!

Sorry, I'd assumed you must have bought Nick Marshall's off here :)

All useful info and what I wanted to hear I guess. I'm ok ta re getting the body work etc off so looks like I'll be ordering a pair of LEDs from Cyclops.

Cheers
Andres

Back
Top Bottom