£200-300 all season jacket recommendations please

niccapotamus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I get hot in summer so good venting and coolness is right important. However, I don't want so spend a large wedge on a jacket that is only good for summer so it would be best as an all season jacket with nice removable thermal liner.

If we get a Moroccan summer I would go and buy a mesh jacket for the extra warm days :)

Don't really like waterproof inner liners - I'd prefer to slip on a waterproof oversuit and keep the rain out rather than running down the liner into my gloves

budget say 200-300. happy to buy second hand - size XL if any of you have eaten too many xmas puds and outgrown your decent jacket

anyway anyone got something to suit that they are more than happy to reccomend?

many thanks
nick

You just missed a great jacket being sold on here - a Hein Gericke Cruise Goretex job.

If I was in the market for a new jacket, I would be considering this discounted Rukka from Helmet City

It's £50 over your budget but it is new with the full Rukka warranty. Removable lining, so fine for all but the warmest weather.

I'm a big fan of Richa stuff. It's well made, lots of features and has never let me down. I have a Rix textile suit that is 7 years old. It's not had an easy life and is still spot on. They also do short and regular lengths. I'm 6'5 and the XXL reg fits me well.

They have a couple of jackets in their range I would look at. The Infinity (£200) and the Touareg (£250).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leather has always been the staple of bikers/motorcyclists due to its breathablity, water/wind resistance and unparalleled abrasion resistance.
I prefer a decent leather jacket and a cheap waterproof over jacket when required.
Recently did a tour of Spain and the leather did ok, started to cook a little when stopped, but nothing too bad.

I have a Spada leather jacket that cost £100 new (on sale) and Belstaff leather trousers that cost £50 on ebay, suits me sir :D

You just missed a great jacket being sold on here - a Hein Gericke Cruise Goretex job.

If I was in the market for a new jacket, I would be considering this discounted Rukka from Helmet City

It's £50 over your budget but it is new with the full Rukka warranty. Removable lining, so fine for all but the warmest weather.

That's some deal, you could easily forget about the colour while counting all the money you have saved!!!!

Look at the RST adventure 2 jacket, lots of features including a pouch for a bladder and panels that you can open to let more air in..

Really pleased with mine

Look at the RST adventure 2 jacket, lots of features including a pouch for a bladder and panels that you can open to let more air in..

Really pleased with mine

Yep same here, great bit of kit! Although the trousers started to leak a little in the crotch area in really heavy rain. The RST 'Pro' kit comes with a 3 year warranty so they replaced the trousers for the newer 2 model. Nice one RST.

I wear mine all year round, lovely and warm in the winter and lots of vents to keep you cool in the summer.

Another vote for RST here, brilliant kit. I recently bought an Halvarssons suit - just fancied a change, the RST is 3 years old now and I commute all year round so it took a real kicking and was great in everything the British weather could throw at it.

I had the cheaper one with the sewn-in waterproof liner so it did get sweaty on the hottest days, but I'd not hesitate to get another RST suit, just one with a removable liner.

Look out here in the sale section .Purchased few weeks ago, BMW Streetguard 2 jacket for £60 like new , great piece of kit .

Back
Top Bottom