Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arunachal Pradesh - The land of the dawn lit mountains

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Great story, photos and writing. Thank you

Good write up with the humour attached

Brilliant... Thanks for taking the time again...

Brought back some great memories of India for me. I was watching that BBC4 Indian railways programme last night too... I've not been to India for over 20 years but the urge to return is getting unbearable. I'm going to have to do something about it very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich C View Post
    Brilliant... Thanks for taking the time again...

Brought back some great memories of India for me. I was watching that BBC4 Indian railways programme last night too... I've not been to India for over 20 years but the urge to return is getting unbearable. I'm going to have to do something about it very soon...
    Do it. DO IT NOW. Before it's too late I'm thinking of trying to do London to Mumbai via Everset next year if you fancy coming

I would dearly love to but am still a wage slave trapped in the 9 to 5, two kids, mortgage, elderly parents cycle... 5 years sees me out of it... provided I've big enough balls to jack the job in!!

Last time we were there we were young, foot loose and fancy free. Spent 4 months backpacking. I've been looking at October flights for this year... that'll just be a two week trip using public transport I reckon. It'll have to satisfy me for now!

I would dearly love to but am still a wage slave trapped in the 9 to 5, two kids, mortgage, elderly parents cycle... 5 years sees me out of it... provided I've big enough balls to jack the job in!!

Last time we were there we were young, foot loose and fancy free. Spent 4 months backpacking. I've been looking at October flights for this year... that'll just be a two week trip using public transport I reckon. It'll have to satisfy me for now!
    The kids would get a lot out of a vist out there too wouldn't they. Sounds like a plan anyway - where will you go?

What a lovely write up . Many thanks for putting it up and the great pictures . You really do fall in love with the enfield and bond with it out there .Makes me want to go back
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    The kids would get a lot out of a vist out there too wouldn't they. Sounds like a plan anyway - where will you go?
    There's loads of places we would love to go that we either didn't do last time or would like to revisit...2 weeks isn't much and we prefer to go easy pace than charge headlong, American tourist style..but not been to Chennai, Kolkata, Ranthambor, the Punjab... Sri Lanka too but that will have to wait for another trip. Just need to work out what's feasible in two weeks with spending too much time travelling.. Its been that long since we were there I'm out of touch..

Kids no interest but will have flown the nest soon enough! They've seen plenty of Europe, Hong Kong, Australia and NZ with us so they aint done badly!

There's loads of places we would love to go that we either didn't do last time or would like to revisit...2 weeks isn't much and we prefer to go easy pace than charge headlong, American tourist style..but not been to Chennai, Kolkata, Ranthambor, the Punjab... Sri Lanka too but that will have to wait for another trip. Just need to work out what's feasible in two weeks with spending too much time travelling.. Its been that long since we were there I'm out of touch..

Kids no interest but will have flown the nest soon enough! They've seen plenty of Europe, Hong Kong, Australia and NZ with us so they aint done badly!
    All sounds good to me. I've never been to Sri Lanka either. India is so huge and diverse you could spend a lifetime wandering about. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun on public transport mate. You're a braver man than me!

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    What a fantastic trip report & stunning piccies....
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thank you. Really enjoyed that.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Fantastic report, stunning photography and a superb writing style - truly a deserving sticky!

Brilliant adventure, quality photos what an experience.

Stunning photos and write-up. Thank you for taking the time to post them.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    A great reportage, human feelings and a great bridge passing! I enjoyed and have the feeling that that region tears me to itself!

Blog Entries
    The usual terrific fare from you Squire. The photos alone are terrific. These, along with your others would make for a terrific book.
    I've been lucky enough to visit India twice (with work) & absolutely love the place. A trip like this is very much on my 'To do' list, sooner rather than later but there is no way I'll be going on one where I can hear my food being slaughtered!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast