Arunachal Pradesh - The land of the dawn lit mountains

I would dearly love to but am still a wage slave trapped in the 9 to 5, two kids, mortgage, elderly parents cycle... 5 years sees me out of it... provided I've big enough balls to jack the job in!!

Last time we were there we were young, foot loose and fancy free. Spent 4 months backpacking. I've been looking at October flights for this year... that'll just be a two week trip using public transport I reckon. It'll have to satisfy me for now!

I would dearly love to but am still a wage slave trapped in the 9 to 5, two kids, mortgage, elderly parents cycle... 5 years sees me out of it... provided I've big enough balls to jack the job in!!

Last time we were there we were young, foot loose and fancy free. Spent 4 months backpacking. I've been looking at October flights for this year... that'll just be a two week trip using public transport I reckon. It'll have to satisfy me for now!

The kids would get a lot out of a vist out there too wouldn't they. Sounds like a plan anyway - where will you go?

What a lovely write up . Many thanks for putting it up and the great pictures . You really do fall in love with the enfield and bond with it out there .Makes me want to go back :thumby:

The kids would get a lot out of a vist out there too wouldn't they. Sounds like a plan anyway - where will you go?

There's loads of places we would love to go that we either didn't do last time or would like to revisit...2 weeks isn't much and we prefer to go easy pace than charge headlong, American tourist style..but not been to Chennai, Kolkata, Ranthambor, the Punjab... Sri Lanka too but that will have to wait for another trip. Just need to work out what's feasible in two weeks with spending too much time travelling.. Its been that long since we were there I'm out of touch..

Kids no interest but will have flown the nest soon enough! They've seen plenty of Europe, Hong Kong, Australia and NZ with us so they aint done badly!

There's loads of places we would love to go that we either didn't do last time or would like to revisit...2 weeks isn't much and we prefer to go easy pace than charge headlong, American tourist style..but not been to Chennai, Kolkata, Ranthambor, the Punjab... Sri Lanka too but that will have to wait for another trip. Just need to work out what's feasible in two weeks with spending too much time travelling.. Its been that long since we were there I'm out of touch..

Kids no interest but will have flown the nest soon enough! They've seen plenty of Europe, Hong Kong, Australia and NZ with us so they aint done badly!

All sounds good to me. I've never been to Sri Lanka either. India is so huge and diverse you could spend a lifetime wandering about. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun on public transport mate. You're a braver man than me!

What a fantastic trip report & stunning piccies.... :clap :clap :clap

Fantastic report, stunning photography and a superb writing style - truly a deserving sticky!
:beerjug:

The usual terrific fare from you Squire. The photos alone are terrific. These, along with your others would make for a terrific book.
I've been lucky enough to visit India twice (with work) & absolutely love the place. A trip like this is very much on my 'To do' list, sooner rather than later but there is no way I'll be going on one where I can hear my food being slaughtered! :eek: :nono

Enjoyed that. Hope to come along on one of your trips one day.:thumb2
The food sounds great. Nothing like fresh meat.:drool

The usual terrific fare from you Squire. The photos alone are terrific. These, along with your others would make for a terrific book.
I've been lucky enough to visit India twice (with work) & absolutely love the place. A trip like this is very much on my 'To do' list, sooner rather than later but there is no way I'll be going on one where I can hear my food being slaughtered! :eek: :nono

Thanks:) I'm not keen on the executions either but when in Rome and all that... Get out there sooner would be my advice. The place is changing fast. It's such a beautiful place though and one of the nicest trips I've done.

Enjoyed that. Hope to come along on one of your trips one day.:thumb2
The food sounds great. Nothing like fresh meat.:drool

You'd be welcome along:) The meat was fresh for sure but tough as old boots. All muscle from years spent running for it's life I guess!

Bloody hell thats a proper adventure and really lovely photos to compliment the story .. thank you for taking the time to share it with us all ... Brilliant !

Wow what an adventure, truly superb pictures....

Fantastic RR and photos thanks for sharing :thumb2

Norrie

Simply stunning captured beautifully in some great photos monkeyboy. I'll come back to this thread when the time is right for me. One day...one day.

Back
Top Bottom