It's back!

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After giving it a miss in 2015, the Devon Weekend is back in 2016.

Formally known as Gentlemen's Wee kend or Airhead Weekend, it will feature all the best things from previous successful events with a few updates. For details of past events please details and pics from previous years.

Firstly, ALL are welcome whatever means of transport you decide to travel on/in. Bikes, sidecars, trikes, cars, vans, motorhomes etc. There is plenty of room for everyone within reason.

Camping is available on site with toilets and shower facilities. Room for motorhomes with electric hook ups.

The fully equipped workshop is available for use. Airheads will be given priority in workshop allocation but anyone is welcome to use the facilities at their own risk. If you need to arrange any parts then you can have them sent here in advance.

We also have ten acres of woodland in which I have created both trials sections and an enduro course. If it is dry, if you are a decent rider and if you have off road tyres then it is possible to get around on a GS. However its better on smaller bikes so you can either bring your own trials/trail/enduro or use one of mine (KTM 300, Honda crf230 and Aprilia txr).

There are some excellent roads around here for decent rides and the north coast is only ten miles away.

Otherwise you can simply chill out and relax and do nothing but eat, drink, and talk bollox with new and old friends.:)

Great food is guaranteed. Our regular chef, Sumprat, is happy to again work non-stop all weekend to cater for everyone. Friday night is curry night with numerous choices of meat or veggie and in strength from mild to wild.

On both Saturday and Sunday morning there is a FULL English cooked breakfast in Tosser sized servings.

Saturday is Barbecue with only the finest ingredients freshly obtained from our local butcher.

Quality booze includes the infamous Winkerleigh lethal cider and some lovely strong real ale from the local micro brewery. Lager and shandy will be available for LC riders :). A selection of various alcohols will also be available. Prices will be significantly cheaper than nearby pub prices.

The local disabled group will be joining us on the Saturday afternoon and all surplus monies raised will be for their benefit. I have just acquired a minibus for them with built in wheelchair lift and it would be nice if we could fund its use and have "Supported by UKGSER.com" signed on the side of the bus.

I know it is still many months away and I don't need numbers yet but this gives you the dates and allows planning etc. We do have a finite number we can cater for at our home so it will be on a first paid first served basis. I haven't worked out costs yet but all who have been before have always though it good value.

Any questions please on this thread.

Sounds awesome Sid :clap

I've got the dates in the diary, and will let you know closer to the time, as my attendance is subject to being employed....

Sid, what dates please and is it restricted solely to airheads?

Just to confirm...

It is NOT restricted to Airheads only.

All are welcome whatever you ride, drive, pilot or are passenger in.

Airheads are given priority in the workshop. My workshop is geared towards older bikes that can be fixed by means of hitting and adjusting things rather than computer diagnostics.

New attractions this year will include:

A paramedic friend can run a brief "First bike on scene" first aid course free of charge to anyone interested.

Another friend who did all the welding and engineering work on my R65 special will be available to discuss similar projects.

If I don't want to camp, are there b&b's or pubs with rooms nearby?

If I don't want to camp, are there b&b's or pubs with rooms nearby?

A couple of my neighbours do ad hoc B&B and they are walking distance. The nearest village is Stibb Cross which is 3 miles away with a few B&B. Also nearby is Woodford Bridge Country Club if you want something upmarket.
If anyone stays at Stibb or Woodford I could possibly arrange transport to and from my place in the minibus.

A couple of my neighbours do ad hoc B&B and they are walking distance. The nearest village is Stibb Cross which is 3 miles away with a few B&B. Also nearby is Woodford Bridge Country Club if you want something upmarket.
If anyone stays at Stibb or Woodford I could possibly arrange transport to and from my place in the minibus.

Sounds good. All I need is a bed, somewhere to shove the bike, and a decent breakfast, so the neighbours will do!

Will double check the dates & keep you posted.:thumb

This sounds interesting Crapaud,
I'm up on East Dartmoor, so not far from you. I'll pencil it in to my packed (not) diary.
GS1100 and me.
Rob.

Sounds like it's going to be a cracking do and would be there but, along with a bunch of others will be flying to Anchorage on the 8th. ready for Bilco's Alaska trip which kicks off for the Dalton on the 10th.
Oh. well, can't have it all :D

Hi

Put me down on your list please - 3 bikes (2 airheads), 2 tents and either 3 or 4 people.

Many thanks
Dermot

Back
Top Bottom