Insurance renewal time

€238 last year with Principal, I realise that was a "new business" quote to lure me away from whomever I was with but even so......... I was mighty impressed.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Renewal quote this year was similarly good from principal. I stayed. However, I also have a stick of butter in the fridge...

I know back last February, I had renewed with CN and I was reasonably happy because they had fecked up and undercharged me. But then in May, I changed bikes and needed to sort insurance in a hurry :eek: I can still feel the pain. I think they had sand in the Vaseline too.

So now at renewal time, CN quotes me €696!! up from €380, and after getting about €600 out of me in May. Of course on a call back, they came down to €460 or so and reduced the excess from €700 to €350.

Adelaide rang me out of the blue and will do it for €470 ish.
Online quote with Liberty about the same.
Axa......................."you haven't jumped through nearly enough hoops yet to get a quote". Not an exact quote, but after 3 calls and about 40 minutes on the phone, I still haven't got a quote.

But Principal have given me a quote of ........................wait for it.............................

€274

Now here's the thing. Both CN and Principal are using the same underwriter, Zenith. But Principal have an excess of €250.

So, am I missing something here or should I just take Principal's quote before they realise what they've done?? :nenau

Anyone any recent experience of them?

Somebody give me guidance..........Please..
I am currently insured with them, changed from CN last year cannot remember the numbers but I remember they were significantly cheaper and straight forward to deal with, assuming the numbers stack up I will stay with them this year. I wouldn't have any qualms recommending them.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

It really is a no-brainer, but when something is half price, especially insurance, one is sceptical.

Thanks for the input.

I was with Axa from 2008, they doubled my premium last year. Principal undercut last years price significantly so went with them. All the staff are great and know their stuff. Moved car insurance to them too:thumb2

Kev had moved to them last year and they gave him just as good a quote again this year, renewed last week!

Just off the phone with Principal.
Comprehensive quote, lower than the others from last year, including No Claims Protection, Intl & Home Breakdown with bells & whistles included, riding other bikes 3rd Party etc.
Sounds tempting, worth while the effort
Josey

I was with Axa from 2008, they doubled my premium last year. Principal undercut last years price significantly so went with them. All the staff are great and know their stuff. Moved car insurance to them too:thumb2

Kev had moved to them last year and they gave him just as good a quote again this year, renewed last week!
Didn't know they did cars, I'll check them out Monday my car insurance is up at the end of the month currently getting ridiculous quotes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Just paid £380 for businesses use 20,000+ miles per year with £1500 kit cover, break down cover (including Europe)plus 90 days green card with 2 years ncb with Bennetts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just paid £380 for businesses use 20,000+ miles per year with £1500 kit cover, break down cover (including Europe)plus 90 days green card with 2 years ncb with Bennetts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not being smart - but we've been over this before;
Ireland is a different planet when it comes to insewerance - we pay wayy over what you'd pay over there. :(

...yer just making us feel bad :D

Interesting to hear that Principal do cars. My company yoke is up for renewal at the end of Feb and I would do anything to get away from Liberty.

Thanks for the heads up on Principal Insurance peeps. They clobbered Carol Nash with a quote a whopping 33% lower. Only difference I could ascertain was a €350 excess vs €250 with CN.

does anyone have contact details for Principal car insurance,cant find anything online?

(01) 816 1200 :)

Cheers.Called them yesterday and they do car insurance alright but sadly not competitive for me,over €100 more than my renewal thats up €175 on last year...at least the bike insurance is staying reasonable for the moment

Interesting to hear that Principal do cars. My company yoke is up for renewal at the end of Feb and I would do anything to get away from Liberty.

You should try brokers for commercial.
I usually try two or three and play them off between each other.
That usually ends up with a large saving on their original quotes.
They still want your business despite the large favour they make you feel they are doing you.

Thanks for bringing this subject up,
I am currently with carole nash, due to renew later in february,
Principal was over £100 cheaper, the bike insurer was £135 cheaper for the same cover on the gs and vespa, multi bike,
I normally renew without comparing, Cheers Roamer

They annoy me. The insurance companies. i have to take out a new premium shortly and found one insurer beat the others by nearly two hundred euro. I then rang the other companies I was interested in (AXA really are not competitive) and they dropped their price to the exact same amount. So, I then looked at all the fine print and to be honest they are all much and muchness. So, I've decided to go with the company that gave me the good quote initially. Now, if the other two actually wanted my business, they would have given me a good quote in the beginning and would have undercut the good price I got. Hope I never need to claim from any of them...

I was being quoted €700 renewal for the two bikes with Carole Nash. I ended up going with Principal, a new entrant in the market, for €300. It is fully comp and includes European breakdown cover.

Is the European breakdown cover standard on their policies? I cant see it advertised anywhere, a call in the morning I think.

Back
Top Bottom