Tyre fitting.

Abelrider

Where do you chaps get yer tyres?

I have been using Wheelfit in Cambridge on Animals recommendation, and allthough top blokes and service is ace £110 for a rear Annakee to a loose wheel doesnt seem the best.

Any recommendations?

Near to Bury St Edmunds would be nice.

Ta.;)

Tyres in Suffolk

Adam
Try Adrian at Autofit in Ipswich, he did me a good deal and fits the m/c tyres himself despite being the manager, 'cos he's a biker.
Tel 01473723325
He also gave an extra 10% off to me as a member of SAM's Suffolk Advanced Riders which I recall you are or were?
Ray

AndyB said:
Bought my last set from Paul Nobbs at Sutton - near Ely. Further away than Cambridge - sorry Adam, only 5 minutes for me though:D

Andrew.

Is he cheap? Verity's in St. Ives want £100 for a rear Tourance fitted to a loose wheel.

Re: Tyres in Suffolk

Cheers chaps.

RayS said:
He also gave an extra 10% off to me as a member of SAM's Suffolk Advanced Riders which I recall you are or were?
Ray

Was, some years back. Not sure I am welcome these days.;)

Steve said:
Is he cheap? Verity's in St. Ives want £100 for a rear Tourance fitted to a loose wheel.

Have not had any tyres for the GS yet, but he is worth a call.

Can't find his phone number, but his workshop is behind the old petrol station just after the roundabout on the way out of sutton towards the A142. He usually has a board out on the pavement. Will try and pop in and get a quote from him.

When I had typres for the bandit 1200 he did a full set for £130 including balancing and fitting.

Andrew.

Called Paul Nobbs ( 01353 775398) and asked for a price on a rear Tourance. I was told that they could not find a tourance in the size I specified but had a lasertech listed. Don't know if this is the same but the price for fitting a loose wheel was £91.87.

Andrew.

AndyB said:
Called Paul Nobbs ( 01353 775398) and asked for a price on a rear Tourance. I was told that they could not find a tourance in the size I specified but had a lasertech listed. Don't know if this is the same but the price for fitting a loose wheel was £91.87.

Andrew.

Just had a quote from National Tyres in Cambridge. They can't get Tourances either, but they've quoted me £84 for a Pirelli MT90 Scorpion, fitted to loose wheel, or £93 for a Distanzia.

At home or work

I use a mobile guy who will fit at home or work anytime to suit you. He has quoted me £210 for a pair of Tourances. He works from Peterborough and price includes taking wheels off and balance etc.

His name is Nick 01733 241481 or 07811 779432

If anyone uses him please mention i recommended him.

Thanks

Alan :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom