Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Standard vs PCV vs AF-XIED

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I believe the lynch mob is supposed to meet at Hilltop...

That's why I am hiding out in the mods section rather than being all brave and posting in the 1200 section. In all seriousness though, dead impressed, I find my self taking the long way home from work because I am enjoying the bike so much more.

I'm off to Florida in a few weeks. Off to nightrider to pick up mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, you won't regret it....I have mine set on 8 blinks, I also removed the straight through headers after a bit and went back to standard.....even smoother. Once you have your fitted and you have done a few miles it would be good to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy the trip.

Yes will report my findings. Currently have standard headers decatted and a bos aftermarket can. Will start on seven flashes and see where I go from there

Great....just remember it isn't the flashes you count but the gaps in between.

Cheers

Ok thanks. I think the default it comes with is seven isn't it?

Mine came with 6.

Ok thanks will check when I fit it

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Great, you won't regret it....I have mine set on 8 blinks, I also removed the straight through headers after a bit and went back to standard.....even smoother. Once you have your fitted and you have done a few miles it would be good to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy the trip.
    8 blinks delivers a great result on a bike which is well tuned and has good O2 sensors. Because I've got the LC-1/2 I run the equivalent of #9 now and love the result.

Just picked up my AFXIED from Nightriders office in Oldsmar FL. Looking forward to flying home and getting it fitted. Will report back with my views

Fitted my AFX this evening. Was an easy fit. The most time was taken up with making it a tidy install and hiding the wires as much as possible. I've gone for 6 flashes initially as I've had my cat removed and also a race pipe is fitted. Have yet to ride it yet will report back.

Senior Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    So is the general consensus that a full Stock System is the way to go?
    I've got Akro Headers and Stock Can on my 2008 and it runs alright but I'm always open to Improvement.

Well, the ECU will adapt to changes in headers and end can. The overall issue is that the O2 sensors are set lean what ever the configuration.

I originally had keihan headers and standard can. I tried these with the AF units and then tried standard headers. I thought the standard headers gave a slightly smoother ride and better low down torque....although marginal. The real reason I stayed with th stock set up was that it was quieter on long motorway hauls when touring and Mrs Oldnfat preferred it....as do I.

The set up now is just superb....I was out for a longish blast with a mate who has a GSA WC and he was surprised by just how hard he had to work to keep up. He assumed I was on the throttle stop all the time. No doubt the LC is faster but the margin is much reduced.....my advice to all would be save your money on headers and end cans and just buy the AF units....they are a peach.

I would agree with what oldnfat has said. Had my AF-XiED units for over 10k miles now and still think they're great.
    I've been down the sport headers and exhaust route and only could stick it for a few days. I found it too loud over any kind of distance and felt that there was more vibration. I felt that it moved the power further up the rev range with slight loss mid range. But that's only my opinion.
    Much smoother, quieter and puncher on a stock system. But, whatever floats your boat.
    Having tried an LC, I would say that with the AF-XiED, my TC is somewhere in between stock and an LC in terms of performance.
    Was on a trip to the west coast of Ireland a couple of weeks ago and while overtaking a line of cars on a 50% damp road, the traction control kicked in at around 6-7k rpm. That'll do me!

Can't wait to get some miles on it now. My bike is Mistacats old bike so it's had them on before

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast