1st Dynojet Akra in the UK results

Hello Mark have you got a phone number or address, any more info on where they are at so I can get mine done thanks.............. bobg

Ok Nuts - HT is also a lot closer if you do decide to go for remapping........ And I suspect might be cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so after spending the day on the bike yesterday, it's fantastic at full chat, and normal riding, but is now quite lumpy at slow speeds/ riding in slow traffic.

Will the PC5/ Hilltop route cure this? I can get Geoff to work his magic for £250, and he's worked wonders on my GSA, so the question is what's better? PC5 or Hilltop?

The bike doesn't need any more power, but if the low speed lumpiness can be sorted, it'll be perfect.

Mines exactly the same, lumpy low down but great when riding enthusiastically.
It's booked in at Hilltop to be remapped on April 5th so I'll let you know how it behaves once done.

Mines exactly the same, lumpy low down but great when riding enthusiastically.
It's booked in at Hilltop to be remapped on April 5th so I'll let you know how it behaves once done.

Do you have the full Akra system?

Thanks going to ring them on Tuesday and get it sorted, going to the north west 200

You guys are all bloody mad ... taking one of BMW's finest and letting someone bugger about with the mapping .............

.........without first consulting Engineer :D

Cool. I'll wait for your report after the trip to Hilltop.:thumb

Well, it's been remapped at Hilltop, and it's brilliant, only one slight problem.
I'd been into the dealers to have the additional power socket fitted and whilst it was hooked up to have it recognised by the bike, the running in 9000rpm limiter also came back on.
This wasn't realised until it was on the dyno and it wouldn't rev past 9000rpm. Very annoying.
Still had the map done though as the limiter being in place doesn't effect it, just unable to get a full power reading. Just need to get the limiter removed again.
Before mapping it was max 102.16bhp at 7236 rpm with max torque of 75 ft/llb at 6815rpm
After mapping it is 138 bhp at 8403 rpm with max torque of 87.11 ft/llb at 8289rpm
Geoff reckoned it should be looking somewhere around 165bhp at the rear wheel, once the limiters off.
What the figures don't show though is how it rides, and it pulls like a train from nothing to ridiculous speeds, until the limiter cuts in :mad:
Once the limiter's removed I'll take it back for another run, but I'm very happy with the improvement and seems like a good price at £350.

I got 168 at the rear wheel pal so I'm sure you will be in that region once the limiter is off. The limiter should be off after 600 miles so I'm slightly confused about it anyway - but it doesn't take much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has been quite lumpy in town since fitting the full system, so has the Hilltop map solved this? It's meant to be going to BMW on Saturday for them to look at, but I reckon Geoff knows more than they do!:p:D

mmmmmmmmm

Mine has been quite lumpy in town since fitting the full system, so has the Hilltop map solved this? It's meant to be going to BMW on Saturday for them to look at, but I reckon Geoff knows more than they do!:p:D

My mate has just had his XR in for this `lumpyness` and surging below 4000rpm. Seems it was low fuel pressure. Anyhoo, its back out the garage and its still `not right`.

he is running a totally stock XR.

Perhaps some private tuners `might` know more eh?

You still ride like a Fag, Nuts :D

My mate has just had his XR in for this `lumpyness` and surging below 4000rpm. Seems it was low fuel pressure. Anyhoo, its back out the garage and its still `not right`.

he is running a totally stock XR.

Perhaps some private tuners `might` know more eh?

You still ride like a Fag, Nuts :D

Sod it then, I'll ring Geoff in the morning!:D

Sod it then, I'll ring Geoff in the morning!:D

yeah, joking aside I think its money well spent on this model Nuts Baby :bounce1

And I`ll feel better once you`ve had it tuned to your zorst

Can`t remember if you are getting your sad ass to Dent this year..........?

Don't forget to mention you get discount for having a second bike done .

Back
Top Bottom