Nice little S10 Video from Nurburgring

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Reminds me of summer :)

Posted over on ADVrider ....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EikRmVJoeTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bryn

Not bad for a 1/4 tonne bike, if he had taken his panniers off he could have had the 2 bike in front.

Ian

A favourite haunt of mine :thumb

:beerjug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 748
S10

The bike :beerjug:
I am convinced enough to take the plunge, nearly did it a couple of years back but the time is right now.

If you prepared to travel I can recommend DMC. Dudley motorcycles. Family run old style kind of place. Fab service.

What's the point of taking such a heavy underpowered bike to the 'ring?

Oh, hang on, he was virtually with the two knee down riders in front most of the time and faster through some sections.:D Nice bit of film.

228Kmh (142mph) at one point.

What's the point of taking such a heavy underpowered bike to the 'ring?

Oh, hang on, he was virtually with the two knee down riders in front most of the time and faster through some sections.:D Nice bit of film.

228Kmh (142mph) at one point.

Won't let the better half see that!

that was a superb lap considering the bike …anything sub 10 mins is good going

A favourite haunt of mine :thumb
attachment.php

Pre bridge to gantry days then Micky

Pre bridge to gantry days then Micky

They were the days :rob

A third in group (1997) then two second places in group (1998 & 1999) oldest bloke (even back then) on a BMW, other whippersnappers on Blades, Ducatis, R1's and the like :D

A third in group (1997) then two second places in group (1998 & 1999) oldest bloke (even back then) on a BMW, other whippersnappers on Blades, Ducatis, R1's and the like :D

Them new knees titanium Micky? That'd probably shave a couple,of milliseconds!

Them new knees titanium Micky? That'd probably shave a couple,of milliseconds!

Dunno what they are Peter, some special metal or other :D

I've had my knee down at der Nürburgring .... quickly followed by my arse and my shoulders :eek:

We might have even met. I was the instructor on the red VFR.

We might have even met. I was the instructor on the red VFR.

Instructor?

Der Nürburgring?

:bow:bow:bow

Forget which year (maybe 1999) Wolfgang was our instructor, you never really knew which eye to look at when he was talking to you, they pointed in different directions :eek:

Parked up behind the armco at the Karusell, watching the other groups come by, line, positioning etc

Wolfgang .... "Do you know why ze French have tree lined roads?"

The collective .... "No, why do the French have tree lined roads?"

Wolfgang .... "So uz Germans can march in ze shade"

Here's a photo from 1998, I was second in group, and the oldest (second in from the left, black R1100RS) ...even older than the guy on my right :eek:

First in group was the kid fourth from the left on a beat up old XJ900 with oil misting all round the engine and mismatched tyres. Strewth, he could ride :thumb

Instructor Helmut Pöhe is extreme right :thumb

i-h2MT9hd-L.jpg

Of course the older I get the faster I was :augie

Back
Top Bottom