XSR 900

O'dear - your grasp on reality slips even further - do they still let you drive them there flying buses :rolleyes:

PS - I wonder how I manage to ride an XCx at 6' 3" which I also find more roomy that the AT :p

We all have different tastes.I think the XSR generally looks good,you don't,I'm not alone as it's sold out and I hear is Bike of the Year 2016.We're free to buy what we want with our own money.Get over it.

We all have different tastes.I think the XSR generally looks good,you don't,I'm not alone as it's sold out and I hear is Bike of the Year 2016.We're free to buy what we want with our own money.Get over it.

..........what is it I am supposed to be getting over exactly - just find your lack of logical thinking rather amusing - get over it :p

I was on holiday in Fuertaventura last month, and saw many German registered XSR 900's knocking about the island. There were several large groups of riders razzing the nuts off them. I eventually got to speak to some of them at a bar, who explained it was the press launch and for the most part they were enjoying the bikes, although weren't too thrilled with the sound of them, and most of them liked the old school style yellow and black graphics. Some of the bikes were in plainer colours.
What a great job they have :)

Wasn't sure when i saw it in the flesh. but then i saw this with the seat cowl and clip-on style bars. Looks a bit special !! and the engine is a peach. That centre tank strip and seat cowl are aluminium. Might look good polished up. Look forward to testing one in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 17.26.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 17.26.11.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 626
Has anybody ridden/got one of these?

Test rode one last summer, comfy and a great engine that's really flexible. Thing that stopped me getting one was the part-ex price offered by the dealer wasn't realistic, and living up in the frozen north, the options for private sales are limited. Keep on having a look at them, the "new" Honda CB1100RS has also caught my eyes as well :rolleyes:

Has anybody ridden/got one of these?

I rode one last year, didnt gel with it to be honest. I had a first generation MT-09 when they came out, and it was a brut. The XSR900 felt restricted and dumbed down. I guess, if you hadn't ridden an older MT you wouldn't notice? I also think it looks a bit of a mess, considering its a naked bike, not a faired bike with panels removed. The fuse box on the frame looks terrible

It gets 9.5 out of 10 from the Flyer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FyEtmQT7ftA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2022 revamp

18942beb7a46c1d72a7dd25c1fc13428.jpg

2474ebe246ecaa5faaeeeb31896eab22.jpg

26fa5ab6fbf3607c4952f5a837cb5fc1.jpg

071c89c3d3607211ec32bc7dae127c02.jpg

5fe2912a9219eb27821c1e14e92a9295.jpg

I prefer the Kenny Roberts speed block colours (I had the same on my XS2 back in the 70s).

Back
Top Bottom