Bennetts

steveC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had occasion to change my R1200gs wc to a G650gs with a policy I held at Bennetts. The swop was straight foreword and I was taken aback when even after the admin fee (£33 ) they owed me money.

Well today I got my number plate transfer through from the DVLA and phoned Bennetts up to advise them of the change in registration. I expected the same £33 admin fee. I spoke with "Luke" who got authorisation to waive the fee.

So nice service from them.:thumb

Steve

PS I have no connection with this firm.

I had occasion to change my R1200gs wc to a G650gs with a policy I held at Bennetts. The swop was straight foreword and I was taken aback when even after the admin fee (£33 ) they owed me money.

Well today I got my number plate transfer through from the DVLA and phoned Bennetts up to advise them of the change in registration. I expected the same £33 admin fee. I spoke with "Luke" who got authorisation to waive the fee.

So nice service from them.:thumb

Steve

PS I have no connection with this firm.

Just went over from Bikesure( £273) to Bennetts (£161 ) like for like insurance today:thumb

Premiums

I've just bought from Bennetts for my new (16) GSA TE with 9 years NCB. Basic fully comp was £164 with £700 excess. High excess I know, but very reasonable premiums! All done on line.

Not such a good experience for me.
I have been with them for 3 years and been happy up until now.
Just had the renewal through and it's gone up by about 40% to £470 !!
No changes other than I am a year older and have another years NCB.

I am also on the Auto renewal scam which I specifically opted out from last year.
It took 5 hours to actually manage to speak to someone, they cancelled the Auto renewal but weren't interested in giving me a better price.
They obviously don't want my business.

A quick search on the Meercat quoted prices between £150 - £350 and Bennets weren't even one of the options, what's going on, have they changed the type of customer they want. :nenau

Not such a good experience for me.
I have been with them for 3 years and been happy up until now.
Just had the renewal through and it's gone up by about 40% to £470 !!
No changes other than I am a year older and have another years NCB.

I am also on the Auto renewal scam which I specifically opted out from last year.
It took 5 hours to actually manage to speak to someone, they cancelled the Auto renewal but weren't interested in giving me a better price.
They obviously don't want my business.

A quick search on the Meercat quoted prices between £150 - £350 and Bennets weren't even one of the options, what's going on, have they changed the type of customer they want. :nenau

Just tried them again as I thought they may have made a mistake. Its now gone up to £561.00, !! It was £470 yesterday and that included what they call a '£20 Arrangment Fee' !! What are these Jokers On....

Robbing bastards, chancers, fuckwit highway men, scam artist thinking they are doing you a favour by allowing you to have insurance at your expense.

Interesting.... My renewal for the Super Tenere is due in just over a month... and I paid £160 fully comp last year with Bennetts... including protected NCD....

I'm expecting a ridiculous renewal quote, but have not had it yet. I've just gone on to the Bennetts site and put my details in ( properly) as though I was getting a new quote... expecting it to flag up that I am with them already... It didn't , and allowed me to carry on to the actual quote of £141.42 , got a text confirmation of the quote as we'll.... so it will be interesting to see what comes through in the post :thumb

Bennetts had the habit (on my policies) of taking all the details, giving an acceptable quote and the money taken..............

Then when the policy docs came through - the underwriters required ground-anchors on the bikes when in the garage........ :mad:

Scamming cnuts never declared THAT during the call!

Al

allowed me to carry on to the actual quote of £141.42 , got a text confirmation of the quote as we'll... be interesting to see what comes through in the post :thumb

I generally do this as well, gives you something to fight back with :thumb2

Mine came with a week to go before it was up - had to put the Super 10 on a different policy (now got 2 policies for 3 bikes :mad:)

So they got their money out of me!

Just had my BMW Motorrad renewal come through at £229. Got quotes from various other companies (AA, Carol Nash, Bennetts) - most needed bits adding to match BM cover BUT Bennetts came in at £154 inc legal, leathers/helmet and personal accident, protected NCB plus UK breakdown (which I don't need).

I then reduced the voluntary excess from £250 (£600 total) to £0 (£350) and the premium came DOWN £5 to £149!

BM excess was at £650 total; rang them but they won't negotiate premiums any more (I tried an online BM quote - same details = £273. "We discount renewals so cannot reduce further").

So Bennetts again after 15 years or so - policy is with AXA. Bike is K1300GT worth £7250, 9 years' NCB, ruralish post code.

Check that your policy covers you for unattended on your own driveway, from other forums it seems that this is a particular problem, especially if you have declared the bike to be normally garaged overnight.

you can't then wash it, leave to cool down etc etc. Before putting it away.

:blast

Check that your policy covers you for unattended on your own driveway, from other forums it seems that this is a particular problem, especially if you have declared the bike to be normally garaged overnight.

How many bods wash their bike and leave it to dry overnight on their driveway?

How many leave it to cool down overnight on their driveway, too?

Tried getting hold customer services today, the phone was answed quickly by a human who informed me they were really busy and his role was to book call backs (within 24 hours).

Offered decent prices but I won't be using them again.
They are cheap for a reason - always check that ALL required/agreed details are on the actual policy docs......

Realising my Bennett's insurance DD had not come off today, I called them, was put on hold for 3 minutes, pleasant chap answered from @ 2 miles away, did the security stuff and asked him why it was not taken.
Very cheerfully said no worries mate, you've paid for the year now so contact us in 4 weeks and we'll discuss a reduction in price for the next 12 months.
No pressure to re-new or anything.

Modern vehicle Insurance and other customer facing services are a product of our own demands for competitive pricing - move on, just like they have had too.

EG:
Sold a house recently and being the tight git I am, I cancelled all DD pertaining to that property on the day we were informed.
Wife found out I had allowed the insurance to lapse as it was empty and ballistic about the house not being insured anymore, so I went online and got covered for £11.30 per month.
I'll pay probably 2 installments then once contracts are exchanged I'll cancel and pay the £22.00 cancellation fee.
So I'm covered up to 750K at a cost of £44;60.
To me that works well 3 ways,
1, I need insurance to cover my changing needs,
2, the insurance co. are happy as it gets paid
3, I'm happy as I get laid. :D

Bennetts policy states
"loss of/or damage to your bike or its contents by theft or attempted theft or an
unauthorised person taking it and riding it if it has been; left unlocked; left with the keys in, on
or in the immediate proximity of the bike; or reasonable precautions have not been taken to
protect it"

So nothing about overnight but as long as it is locked it is OK but unlocked or keys in/nearby it is not (seems reasonable). Not sure what "reasonable precautions have not been taken to protect it" means, maybe not overnight.

Other policies have said must be in locked garage between 2200-0600 but this doesn't (although there's so much small print I may have missed it).

Does have usual auto-renew clause but not if paid by cheque, interestingly.

Back
Top Bottom