Mobil%20FSMCL-500x500.jpg

Mobil fully synth

:thumb

Now go and ride yer feckin' bike ... proper like, in the real feckin' world :D

:beerjug:

PS ... come back in here when you get back from tesco

:D

I ride bikes all year round Micky, I certainly don't shy away from snow and rain but ice ! fek that worries me, keep it upright and just hope !

Anyway Twizzer, forget this chain lube nonsense, ( actually PJ1 non fling is good but you'll need to fairly regularly clean the chain with chain cleaner, this washes away all the nasty grit and grime ) put a scott oiler on it, a very good bit of kit .

To be truthful my scot oiler is set to ever so slightly over oil the chain and let it fling a little bit off, this flings all the grit and shite away too.

Aldi are selling the WD40 chain lube in the smaller size ideal for your trips away

Aldi are selling the WD40 chain lube in the smaller size ideal for your trips away

I've gone back to that after the can of PJ1 I bought decided to stop dispensing the lube. And the PJ flings all over the place, I spent half an hour this morning cleaning the back wheel and back of the bike. Cheers Redrick!:p

I've gone back to that after the can of PJ1 I bought decided to stop dispensing the lube. And the PJ flings all over the place, I spent half an hour this morning cleaning the back wheel and back of the bike. Cheers Redrick!:p

Mine doesn't fling that much ! Are you putting too much on or in the wrong place

Not Würth it :blast

Over a thousand miles down to the Süd Schwarzwald, France and Belgium, all sorts of weather ...

Tested the Würth dry chain spray, the idea sounds great BUT .... 150 to 180 miles in the day, crap weather and dry sunny razzing weather, and the chain rollers are bright'n shiny and as dry as a bone. Yes, I know, it's a dry chain spray, but trust me, there was nothing of it left on the chain contact areas ... the rollers were bright'n shiny and rattlin' :blast

Went back to the Castrol OR ... long days in the saddle, all kinds of weather, and the rollers still had a thin coating of the grey grease from the spray left on them; no shit sticking to it, no fling off, no big builds ups of grease on the exhaust, sump guard, gearbox sprocket.

Castrol OR :thumby:

Ride tested the simpler version. I have the automatic one and it works well, except when you put some oil in that is a bit thick (found a dusty bottle of cheap 2 stroke oil lurking in a corner of the garage left by old house occupier). Easy to fit, no electrics or vacuum feed needed. Made local to me in Lydney so I went to the workshop to buy mine.

Now go and ride yer feckin' bike ... proper like, in the real feckin' world :D

As this is the KTM forum and the bike should be ridden as suggested above.... you can ignore the below :aidan

Not Würth it :blast

Over a thousand miles down to the Süd Schwarzwald, France and Belgium, all sorts of weather ...

Tested the Würth dry chain spray, the idea sounds great BUT .... 150 to 180 miles in the day, crap weather and dry sunny razzing weather, and the chain rollers are bright'n shiny and as dry as a bone. Yes, I know, it's a dry chain spray, but trust me, there was nothing of it left on the chain contact areas ... the rollers were bright'n shiny and rattlin' :blast

Went back to the Castrol OR ... long days in the saddle, all kinds of weather, and the rollers still had a thin coating of the grey grease from the spray left on them; no shit sticking to it, no fling off, no big builds ups of grease on the exhaust, sump guard, gearbox sprocket.

Castrol OR :thumby:

screwfix chainsaw oil £2.75. a litre. and the cheap Tutoro chain oiler with the on/off tap so the thing isn't dripping all the time. I just turn it on every couple of weeks, do about 10 miles and turn it off. jobs a good un.

the problem with scottoilers and the like are that they need constant adjustment, when it rains for example, and then when, having ridden in the rain all day with your oiler dripping it on and it being washed off, what happens when you stop for the night ? No lube on the chain !

this is very true.

also...the scottoiler on my 1190R steadfastly refuses to lube the seals on the wheel side of the chain. does the outside ones and the rollers, but only spreads to the inner seals if the chain is spotlessly clean. and dirt soaks it up before it gets right across.

this is especially annoying as it worked fine on my previous 1190S and i'll be fecked if i can work out why the very same system won't work 100% on the R :banghead:

what it needs is the twin feed droppers that scottoiler make, but just won't fit on the 1190 as there is sod all clearance between swingarm and chain. even if they did, the chain would still dry out after riding ion rain.
TBH i'm tempted to take the thing off and bin it, but what it does is better than nothing, even if it doesn't eliminate other maintenance.

oh, and it slings oil all over the rear pot and shock, and dribbles down the frame and both stands. maybe i will rip the stupid, cunting thing off after all :mad:

Back
Top Bottom