Chain Lube......(Serious Question)

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After years and years of BMW and HD ownership i find myself in the orange position of needing Chain Lube ( I do not have a Scotoiler)

I'm sure Chain Lube Tech has moved on since 1996 so, what do you guys recommend? hopefully something that will not fling off coating everything in sticky goo......as per the last time i bought the stuff for my T955....

or, if you prefer just take the piss.....:D

Gear oil ep 80-90. It's what I used for about 25000 miles on my 800gsa chain was still good when I sold the bike. I also used a Scotoiler. Used about 2 bottles in that time. Cannot stress enough a good chin is important I like DID. I once had a experience with cheap chain. Never again. JJH

I used WD40 Chain Wax on my 990 ADV. Worked well and they do a Chain Lube for the warmer months too.

Profi dry lube is great stuff, you have to clean all the old crap off before you use it, then just top it up now and again, bike stays clean and nothing sticks to the chain. Not cheap mind.

I'm sure Chain Lube Tech has moved on since 1996 so, what do you guys recommend? hopefully something that will not fling off coating everything in sticky goo......as per the last time i bought the stuff for my T955....

I'm using Wurth Dry Chain lube and have done on various bikes including my KTM EXC's

product_1816_002_lg.jpg

I like it because it isn't messy (oily) and doesn't pick up road grime

I was given some by a mate of mine who worked for Wurth at the time. I've still got a couple of cans left so PM me your address and I will send you one to try then we can have a 'what chain lube is best' thread :D

Paul

Gear oil ep 80-90. It's what I used for about 25000 miles on my 800gsa chain was still good when I sold the bike. I also used a Scotoiler. Used about 2 bottles in that time. Cannot stress enough a good chin is important I like DID. I once had a experience with cheap chain. Never again. JJH

That's what I'm using at the moment on my Harley. Mind you I fitted a loobman and just have to remember to press the plunger every now and then. I've only adjusted the chain once very slightly in the last 5000 miles.

I'm using Wurth Dry Chain lube and have done on various bikes including my KTM EXC's

I like it because it isn't messy (oily) and doesn't pick up road grime

I was given some by a mate of mine who worked for Wurth at the time. I've still got a couple of cans left so PM me your address and I will send you one to try then we can have a 'what chain lube is best' thread :D

Paul

Yep, I use that on all my chain driven bikes :thumb

Serious answer .... I use nothing other these days than this ...

i-Cm58QMC-L.jpg

It works, doesn't fling off, and keeps my back end cleaner than your average leaky final drive of an 1100/1150/12100 :D

A few of us usually get together and buy a box or two between us :thumby:

:beerjug:

Another vote for Wurth dry lube, my chain always looks clean when using this stuff.

the problem with scottoilers and the like are that they need constant adjustment, when it rains for example, and then when, having ridden in the rain all day with your oiler dripping it on and it being washed off, what happens when you stop for the night ? No lube on the chain !

It takes but a minute to lube the chain after each ride, wet or dry.

It takes 20 minutes every month or so to clean the chain ( i use paraffin)

I dont trust that dry lube stuff as I am not convinced it performs well in the wet. Great for mixers and fire blades that never actually get wet but as said i prefer PJ1

I use Silkolene titanium dry gel chain lube on my EXC, and have a DID chain........both perform superbly & have never let me down.

I also use Wurth brake & chain cleaner after jet washing the EXC.

Fer fucks sake, I need fucking special fucking chain fucking lube so's I don't durty my nice shiny NEW ! bike. Did I mention it was new, ohh it is, please massage my ego about special chain fuckinglube for special new fucking bikes.

Fer fucks sake.

Fer fucks sake, I need fucking special fucking chain fucking lube so's I don't durty my nice shiny NEW ! bike. Did I mention it was new, ohh it is, please massage my ego about special chain fuckinglube for special new fucking bikes.

Fer fucks sake.

Now go and ride yer feckin' bike ... proper like, in the real feckin' world :D

:beerjug:

PS ... come back in here when you get back from tesco

:D

Back
Top Bottom