DCT problem?

Sounds like this DCT thing might have a few issues, along with dodgy switch gear and poor heated grips - it would make sense to wait until Honda have finished developing properly before buying one - by the time next year's model comes along hopefully they will have fixed all the problems :)

You are so full of shite its laughable, note to oneself DO NOT REPLY TO SINGLE MINDED PEOPLE WITH NO IMAGINATION WHO CANT WAIT TO MAKE UNEDUCATED COMMENTS OF WHICH THEY KNOW NOTHING

"I stopped to get into formation"

Beware folks, never post a comment like that on this forum unless you want a 2nd arsehole ripped out of you

You are so full of shite its laughable, note to oneself DO NOT REPLY TO SINGLE MINDED PEOPLE WITH NO IMAGINATION WHO CANT WAIT TO MAKE UNEDUCATED COMMENTS OF WHICH THEY KNOW NOTHING

I mentioned the accidental throttle blip ages ago and was slated for it, having a clutch lets you whip it in and control any untoward behaviour - sensible really.

I mentioned the accidental throttle blip ages ago and was slated for it, having a clutch lets you whip it in and control any untoward behaviour - sensible really.
I agree with this its the rest of the rubbish I don't, really if anyone can be accused of selling un tested and under developed bikes it will be BMW
Remember it was me that backed the 1200GS to BMW for not being fit for the purpose and got a full refund !!

I agree with this its the rest of the rubbish I don't, really if anyone can be accused of selling un tested and under developed bikes it will be BMW
Remember it was me that backed the 1200GS to BMW for not being fit for the purpose and got a full refund !!

All manufacturers have issues with new bikes, Honda too.

I am sure that the Honda is an OK bike and the DCT version is probably OK too once one has adapted but all the pre launch hype and gushing comments from a select few journalists (who were royally wined and dined) was just the normal new bike guff that the industry comes out with.

My earlier blip comment was partially for your benefit . If you are daft enough to to blip the throttle then you deserve to be stood there like John Wayne without a bike underneath you . You really are on some sort of stupid crusade. I say again How MANY AUTOMATIC VEHICLES ARE ON THE ROAD TODAY ?!?!?!?! If you are too dim witted to be able to use the technology correctly then you are right, you should stick to something with a clutch .

Your comment "ALL the problems" is laughable too. How many bikes have been sold and because of the Internet we are here talking about a couple of issue some of which may be down to user error, or possibly an error by the techie that serviced the bike.

I enjoy some of your banter but you come across as a bit of a pillock on a far too regular basis now for me to keep believing that you are just sparring for the fun of it.

All manufacturers have issues with new bikes, Honda too.

I am sure that the Honda is an OK bike and the DCT version is probably OK too once one has adapted but all the pre launch hype and gushing comments from a select few journalists (who were royally wined and dined) was just the normal new bike guff that the industry comes out with.

Aaaaaah I get it now. So all the journalists who actually rode the bike are full of shit (and booze) with no morals or journalistic credibility and we the general public should not believe a word of what they have written. Instead we should listen to YOUR description of it as an OK bike based on you reading a spec sheet and looking at some pictures.

When I am ready to buy my next bike I will of course consult you first :clap

I put 650,000kms on a DSG Skoda Octavia that was remapped to produce more torque than the gearbox was rated to handle................. without a problem.
The car is still been driven by another member of my company.

Sent using a Jedi mind trick!

Essentially the whole DCT thing is a gimmick to differentiate the product, utterly unnecessary on a motorcyle and there are downsides, not least extra weight - but some people will buy into it and enjoy it.

My mate has just taken delivery of his AT, he said that the skinny front wheel and tyre are a bit odd and would have preferred tubeless tyres but he has developed a taste for Morroco and the sand so that's one of the main reasons he sold his 1150GSA and bought the AT.

Essentially the whole DCT thing is a gimmick to differentiate the product, utterly unnecessary on a motorcyle and there are downsides, not least extra weight - but some people will buy into it and enjoy it.

Aaah , So I am the gullible one and I have just bought into a gimmick. Really? You just keep ignoring the obvious ,automatic transmissions are not new , millions of people use them every day without a problem.

You also seem to be over complicating things with the DCT. It's JUST a clever automatic transmission that has been made compact enough to to fit into a motocycle. If you are incapable of understanding that and prefer to ignore the benefits and instead focus on the only negative ; increased weight then you are very short sighted. How the hell can you dismiss it as gimmick if you have not even tried it.

Quite sometime ago I posted that I had been out with two chaps who both had Super Tens. Both had considered buying the AT and one had a deposit down. The one who had paid a deposit asked if he could try my CT out of curiosity because of the DCT . He was very sceptical but liked it so much he raved about it to his mate for the rest of the day who wasn't keen but had a go anyway . I have since been told that The first guy changed his AT order to a DCT and the second guy has since bought a CT DCT. It was the first and only time I have ever ridden with these guys but both had been riding since they were kids, have loads of bikes and miles under their belts and were not newbie bikers seduced by a gimmick.

Please don't dismiss it as a gimmick if you Have NOT even tried it !

You also keep contradicting yourself . You stated before that the AT needs to have a USP to differentiate it's self but it doesn't . Now you say that the DCT is just a gimmick to differentiate itself ...... Make your mind up fella .

I have 50k miles on the 2011 12GS which up until recently I had been using most days for work. I am able to swap over on the Honda at weekends for pleasure with no problems whatsover.

Of course automatics gearboxes aren't new, however bikes and cars are two different beasts - an automatic 'adventure' bike is Hondas attempt at doing something different, good on them, but even they are hedging their bets by doing a 'normal' version too.

This whole DCT thing is just part of the inevitable dumbing down that seems necessary these days.

Of course automatics gearboxes aren't new, however bikes and cars are two different beasts - an automatic 'adventure' bike is Hondas attempt at doing something different, good on them, but even they are hedging their bets by doing a 'normal' version too.

This whole DCT thing is just part of the inevitable dumbing down that seems necessary these days.

Have you driven an automatic car with paddle shift ? Do you know how many high end sports cars are using this system?

Honda have deployed the system on numerous models not just adventure bikes. The AT is a manual gearbox motorcycle . With an optional DCT box.
They are smart enough to realise some people aren't ready for the technology / might not like it / prefer a choice . I don't think that's hedging their bets but you prefer to see it like that.

Finally why is it dumbing down if it improves the riding experience ? Is having an automatic transmission in any vehicle "dumbing down" or just bikes?

Have you driven an automatic car with paddle shift ? Do you know how many high end sports cars are using this system?

Honda have deployed the system on numerous models not just adventure bikes. The AT is a manual gearbox motorcycle . With an optional DCT box.
They are smart enough to realise some people aren't ready for the technology / might not like it / prefer a choice . I don't think that's hedging their bets but you prefer to see it like that.

Finally why is it dumbing down if it improves the riding experience ? Is having an automatic transmission in any vehicle "dumbing down" or just bikes?

Rushy,

Give up in trying to reason with that utter fucktard.Just stick him on the ignore list,much easier.In 10 years on this forum he is quite possibly the most ignorant,blinkered utter bell end to spout bollox about a subject he knows nothing about.

Luddite!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Luddite!

Hardly, I have a TE :) and design complex electronics products for a living - but that doesn't mean I have to fall for every new bit of over hyped vehicle technology, who's main purpose is not to solve real problems but to cajole people into parting with their money.

Hardly, I have a TE :) and design complex electronics products for a living

Would never have quessed!

Thought you'd probably have a degree in projectile vomiting!

I've just read a theory that the incident might have been caused by a mechanical, not electrical or rider, failure.

Low oil pressure will allow the clutches to release, and with the throttle open revs will then rise, which increases oil pressure, engaging one of the clutches again.

The question remains as to why there was a drop in oil pressure. The bike had just been in for a service, was something reinstalled incorrectly? The bike was running at low speed/revs in a built up area which wouldn't help.

No doubt we'll find out for sure after at least half a dozen other theories have been put forward :D

Perhaps the oil system needs to be bled after a change to prevent an air lock, well that's my own personal theory anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom