Brake disc wanted

jdh1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Howdy,when front braking hard I'm getting a lot of juddering threw the handlebars,from everything I've tried it looks like I've got a slightly warped disc although there is no pulsing in the lever.just wondering before I buy new discs that might not sort it would anyone have 1 straight front disc in the shed that would fit a 2005 gs12 that i could borrow or buy to see if I can sort it and put my mind 2 rest b4 I buy new discs?

Could also be the 'bobbins' of whatever their called that bolt the disc on. Funny lookin washers.
Gotta be worth a search

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm fairly sure its the disc cause I swapped them over and disconnected 1 caliper at a time,its only happening on 1 disc

What year and model of bike

In fact a frame number may be needed as well as discs changed to 2 or 3 options around 2006

What year and model of bike

In fact a frame number may be needed as well as discs changed to 2 or 3 options around 2006

Its a 2005.i got a pm from a guy selling from a LC 2014.reckons they'll fit an 05..I don't think so
Anyone know where they can be bought at reasonable price?

Carpimoto.it

I bought several OEM Brembo discs for the GS online from this crowd. Very reasonably priced and quick.

You are letting the side down!

Howdy,when front braking hard I'm getting a lot of juddering threw the handlebars,from everything I've tried it looks like I've got a slightly warped disc although there is no pulsing in the lever.just wondering before I buy new discs that might not sort it would anyone have 1 straight front disc in the shed that would fit a 2005 gs12 that i could borrow or buy to see if I can sort it and put my mind 2 rest b4 I buy new discs?

We expect such poor spelling from those uneducated ones on the other side of the ditch, but not from those close to us. It is "through"!

Its BRAKES!!
JDH don't faff about. If you are not knowledgeable take the bike to a service technician.
Pay the money and get new discs and a full brake service before continuing to ride the bike.

Its BRAKES!!
JDH don't faff about. If you are not knowledgeable take the bike to a service technician.
Pay the money and get new discs and a full brake service before continuing to ride the bike.

I'm over 30 years working on cars and bikes Pat,I'm not asking how to fix it,just looking for a part,I have stripped and cleaned all calipers and flushed out the system,I reckon a disc will solve it,I know well Joe Duffy will slap on new discs for a start,just thought someone here might have upgraded to wavy discs etc and have a good pair on the shelf for sale

We expect such poor spelling from those uneducated ones on the other side of the ditch, but not from those close to us. It is "through"!

I do apologise for my spelling but as I live in the Wesht of Ireland we have our own language and I forgot myself,I should have remembered there were more refined gentlemen on this site(jaysus I hope I spelled those words ok)

Worth cleaning the disc with brake cleaner or even wet-and-dry? My opinion is that pulsing comes when there are patches of the disc that have either oily deposits or brake material deposits. Latter is said to happen if you stop and hold the brake on with how disc.

I'm over 30 years working on cars and bikes Pat,I'm not asking how to fix it,just looking for a part,I have stripped and cleaned all calipers and flushed out the system,I reckon a disc will solve it,I know well Joe Duffy will slap on new discs for a start,just thought someone here might have upgraded to wavy discs etc and have a good pair on the shelf for sale

It sounded like an advice request to me.

It sounded like an advice request to me.

I never asked for advice(but I have in the past and got good advice from lads on the site),just a straight front disc to borrow or buy,just thought 1 of the irish crew might have 1,I'd like to regard myself as fairly knowledgeable but i'd rather try to sort my own bikes like a lot on this forum before going to a service technician,they can be kinda costly ya know

Worth cleaning the disc with brake cleaner or even wet-and-dry? My opinion is that pulsing comes when there are patches of the disc that have either oily deposits or brake material deposits. Latter is said to happen if you stop and hold the brake on with how disc.

cheers L,I know where your coming from,yep that was 1 of the first things I tried,never had any pulsing tho but it looks like I'll pull the trigger on a couple new discs,should sort it

just an update,I bought 2 new discs and pads,fitted them and I've a new bike,dont no how 1 of the old ones got warped,must have been tyre fitting,I'll take the discs off the next time I'm getting tyres on if I'm not fitting them myself!!!!

Discs warp as they become thinner through wear.
I found that for the front end only the OE BMW discs work without warping occurring again. They're floating discs and not all accessory discs are up to scratch.
However, I have an EBC disc on the rear of my 2004 GS now....and that has been fine for a few years.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom