Dealers in Chester/North West

paul08

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I will soon be moving to Chester. What is the general opinion of the BMW Motorrad dealer in Chester? Can they be recommended?

Or should I travel back to Williams Motorrad in Manchester when I need servicing etc?

I will soon be moving to Chester. What is the general opinion of the BMW Motorrad dealer in Chester? Can they be recommended?

Or should I travel back to Williams Motorrad in Manchester when I need servicing etc?

Never had much success with Chester i'm afraid but Williams Manchester is another story. I'm near Wrexham and i travel back to Williams Manchester.

Bought my 2014 GS off chester , great deal on the bike but tried setting up a 0% deal on a nav 5 and some inner bags , rang back twice to see if approved but had not been processed yet. finally rang me bach about 4 weeks later to say it was OK (by then bought one else where) . Not putting them down but never been in touch since buying the bike to see how it was going or to see if I wanted in serviced there.
Williams manchester very good bought the sat nav off them cash on a good deal and always nothing too much trouble.
Bowkers preston good dealers got my 6k service done there

ive lost count of the times they said they would ring me back,re service,parts,etc.stay away. i now use a good independent.

i tend to use Williams too….bother chester and Bowkers are closer……upon purchase i had a very similar deal offered by WIlliams and Chester but the selling point was free servicing at Williams were as Chester would not budge! Always get a nice friendly welcome at The Manchester store

Chester`s on my doorstep, but am not impressed with the work carried out regarding a recall or the amount of times they said they would ring back and never, i prefer an independent.

Don't desert Williams

You will be sorry ...

Mine and the good ladies bikes go to Williams ... If I plan it right .. Ie 2 services and maybe a set of tyres .... They collect :thumb2

Never been able to buy at Chester... Always well out on balance to change .

Everyone seems to be reinforcing my initial feelings/opinion. Always been very happy with Williams, but was interested to see if the Chester dealer was on a par. Seemingly not!

Always bought both HDs and BMWs from Chester but issue last year rather ruined things.

Now have a replacement bike from Chester and they've been great since but tend to agree about getting call backs etc.

Just had my free 600 mile service and we'll see what the future holds.

I did buy some years ago from Williams, after Blue Bell closed and before Chester opened and had no complaints at all.

I'm in Frodsham and agree with the poor service/none returning of calls etc from Chester. Currently want £195 for an R1200GS LC oil change which seems steep.

Who is the closest independent to the Cheshire area? I presume an independent can be used whilst the bike is under warranty as long as BMW parts are used?

I'm in Frodsham and agree with the poor service/none returning of calls etc from Chester. Currently want £195 for an R1200GS LC oil change which seems steep.

Who is the closest independent to the Cheshire area? I presume an independent can be used whilst the bike is under warranty as long as BMW parts are used?

i recently used this guy. very happy. http://www.rgm-uk.com/index.php

Kiss goodwill goodbye

If you have a full main dealer service history and even if your warranty has expired... BMW will consider a goodwill claim .... Just a thought !

And get in touch with Williams Manchester ... They will normally be flexible on service costs ...

Chester motorrad are the worst exponents of customer service I have ever come across.Complete irritating time wasters.Zero communication skills even when selling bikes.Useless "service" department and hopeless product knowledge.Avoid if you can.https://g.co/kgs/4fgYiJ

Well I jumped ship and bought a Triumph from Bill Smiths in Chester.

Pretty impressed so far.

Back
Top Bottom