Kearys

Mad Paddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What's going on at Kearys
A mate of mine looking to buy a new bike he rang on sat ,tue ,wed and we called down there on Monday in person but no salesman there and no return calls to date
I was the same at the beginning of 2016 tried to buy from them but no response ended going up to Joe Duffy and dealt with a very helpful Paul
Any thoughts .

I've found Kearys to be a bit bad on calling you back. When I had my 800gsa with quite high mileage on it they took my details over the phone and said they would call me back with a price. They did not. I had to ring a few times. I dealt with Duffys. I had the same experience a few years earlier with a RT with around 100000 they didn't want to say no so just didn't call. The salesman seemed to be able to fend calls from reception. I was told he was with someone. Or not there. I have dealt with Duffys mostly over the last 14 years. Incidentally if you are buying a new BMW give Southern racing motorcycles in Middelton a call. Tell him JJ sent you. JJH

I had a similar issue in January. I bought my bike elsewhere. Duffys were more than helpful, even offered me a day out in mondello to test some of their cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got that Mondello email from Duffys followd by a phone call. I told the lady that I didn't think my GSA was suitable for the track. JJH

Update on my mate
He called duffys and they answered call straight away he spoke with Paul and arranged test ride on s1000xr for the next day
He Took test ride and bought new one and they had one in stock so collecting next week
Still waiting for Kearys to return he's many calls
Kearys lose

I'm very surprised at that... They have never failed to phone me back on any query I had with them, helped me out when they didn't need to also.
Hopefully your experience is not too common

Sounds like Kearys are sleep walking, if they were on the ball someone from there should have come on here and posted a comment to say that they are still in the business of selling bikes.

Sounds like Kearys are sleep walking, if they were on the ball someone from there should have come on here and posted a comment to say that they are still in the business of selling bikes.

They probably don't need to.......that's the problem. There's only 2 official Motorrad dealers in a country of 4 million people and the bikes are very,very popular.

Hi
I have also had issues with Kearys. Failed to call back several times, no great interest in sales as far as i could tell just generally ignoring you. I arrived one day with cash to buy a bike, salesman was to call me back, failed to do so. Left in a bike for a service, and also encounterd issues with the work which required i call back on a second occasion to have the issue resolved. I bought two BMW bikes elsewhere, two sets of BMW motorcycle clothing and a total of 3 Schubert C3 pro and BMW system 5 helmets in Belfast where customer service was excellent by comparison. I feel i gave them repeated chances to provide a decent standard of service but i finally gave up and dealt elsewhere. It is disappointing as Cork is by far the easiest port of call for me and i really like Cork. Hopefully they have or will improve their level of service.

Back
Top Bottom