Alternative cafe to Squires

Is not up North so quaint and last century, the London GS'ers meet up once a month or so (or did, when I lived there) and this is part of the menu from the pub, not a pie nor ham egg and chips in sight ;-)

To Share
Hot garlic focaccia bread, roasted red pepper & tomato dip

Marinated olives, sun blushed tomatoes & feta, Padron peppers,
tabbouleh, beetroot houmous & tzatziki with warm flat bread

Whole Camembert baked with rosemary, garlic & white wine,
crudités, ciabatta & cranberry relish

Fish board with John Ross smoked salmon, ‘Bloody Mary’ prawns, taramasalata,
anchovies, smoked mackerel paté, king prawns, calamari, pickled veg,
roasted garlic aioli, sweet chilli dip

Cured meats, Serrano ham, chorizo, salami, beetroot houmous, artichokes,
Padron peppers, chicken & Serrano ham croquettes, olives & bread .

Foreign muck!

Fimber Cafe in the woods is another nice place......home made lemon merangue to die for :drool

I can confirm that the lemon merangue is just as delicious as I remember it to be :D

But feck, was it cold....very few bikes out yesterday and a few of the locals mentioning snow in the moors. Looked sunny Scarborough way so that's where I headed.

That's it for me, they have worn me down, I'm not ordering any more hot food from Squires kitchen after that last visit. Everything was cold except the pie that came out of the cabinet. I get the impression nobody really gives a fig, it's constantly wrong orders, over cooked eggs, cold food, dried up pies, solid blobs of mushy peas, gravy on everything when you don't want it. I'll have a pie from the cabinet (they are pretty good) or a slice of cake :cool:

It’s a dump frequented by a high proportion of knuckle draggers. Loads better cafes in the area. :rolleyes:

That's not very nice Harry. Accurate but not very nice....and as for loads better cafes in the area....that's what the OP is about, so where? :confused:

:D

It’s a dump frequented by a high proportion of knuckle draggers. Loads better cafes in the area. :rolleyes:

Feck off with statements like that.
1,Much less sports bikes there than there used to be. Just have a look in the dealers to see how many different bikes there are to choose from.

2, it's the longest running biker cafe in the UK, 1954. And grown to accommodate the extra bikes.

3, it provides jobs for local people.

4, open 7 days a week, early to late.

5, Always plenty of bike to look at and have a chat with like minded people.

6, Shows put on through out the year.

7, Great roads to ride around the area, And no you don't have to break the speed limits to enjoy them.

8, And I go there. Have been going since I past my test in 1975.
Made some friends, And lost some close friends.

I am aware that biker styled cafes are not for everyone but don't call them ( Dumps ) That's where your disused house hold waste go's to.

Too much of trying to kill off our OWN life style will result in just that.
Local people work at these places.

9, The food and service is average at the busy times, I accept that. But most of the meals and drinks that I have had I have enjoyed.

Cheers Dave.

That's not very nice Harry. Accurate but not very nice....and as for loads better cafes in the area....that's what the OP is about, so where? :confused:

:D

I also tend to think Harry's description of the premises is accurate. It's a run down old pub with poor catering and the surrounding roads aren't anything special either for those of us who live north and west of Leeds

I'd rather go for meal in a nice country pub than a "bikers" café. The place which kind of combines the two is The Sun Inn near Menwith Hill, but I'd much prefer to go to the Craven Arms Appletreewick, Lister Arms Malham or Queens Arms Litton :beerjug:

Stopped off a number of times enroute to the Hull ferry but gave up on the place about 3 years ago, the place was minging dirty, staff had a couldn't give a sh#t attitude and the food was utterly rank and inedible.

Sorry Dave, I've got to agree with 'Harry the Cat'......... Squires is a Dump.:barf
Malc :thumb

I go to Squires once a year just to remind myself why i dont like it.

Loads of bikes to look I agree.
Expensive and only just reasonable food with a long wait.

It was much better before it moved and it was the milk bar

There are some good roads around those parts if you know where to look but there are certainly better places to eat.

A dump ?

Well its in the eye of the beholder as ever but i dislike huge gatherings of bikers who have done 20 miles to get there and stand around talking bollocks for 2 hours before the 20 mile ride home

I would sooner ride for the 2 hours and go elsewhere

Well the place will be better off without you, And I will.

So keep your thoughts to yourself and feck off.

And I'm not a armchair rider I'll be at cafe if you want to take it up with me.

You tell'em Dave
Whilst not my fave spot, I go 2-3 times over the summer for a brew on a Thurs night to see all the classic bikes ....................worth a visit

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Bit touchy Dave:blast

Better cafe’s? Fimber, Seaways, Strawberry Fields on the A19, almost any halfway decent cafe in the dales or the eastern side of the Lake District at places like Masham,Leyburn, Richmond, Devils Bridge, Hawes etc., etc.

Back
Top Bottom