Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Streetguard 2014 wearers???

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Happy Streetguard 2014 wearers???

Now that the suit has been around for a while how do the early buyers like it?

I am looking for something to replace a Comfortshell and being something of an odd shape the multiple sizes of the SG appeal.

A few posts mention leaks and some comment on the stitching being less than great... are they the only faults?

Thanks

Had my jacket for 2 years and perfect

Keeps me bone dry in monsoon cloudburst downpours and 8 hours days of torrential rain, in the saddle

Vents well in warm weather too
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Im more than happy with mine.

Great stuff. Very versatile.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Had to swap mine after a year as the arms and legs were letting in water. Local dealer Rainbow were aware of an issue and gave me a straight swap for a brand new suit. Sizing is good, various lengths of jackets available and trouser lengths. Sizes also cater for the true tosser sizes.

Thanks for the answers....Bear, did you have any hassles in getting the replacements? As I will be buying in the UK but more than likely will be back in NZ by the time any problems may appear, claims will probably have to be done through the UK dealer (I assume) so maybe a bit extra time to solve any problems but thats not abig deal. The size range is one of the attractions of the SG suit, being that I am mini-tosser shape.

I had no problems at all, I returned them to the dealer that I had purchased them from and told them that it was leaking and they ordered me a new suit. I got the impression that they knew of a problem with the early 2014 suits.

Cheers. Seems the way I'll go then. Thanks again

my jacket started leaking bad on saturday expecting the usual good after sales from joe duffys as always
    defender of the midlands

Streetguard Suit

Good points. Warm in cooler temperatures. Waterproof. Reasonably comfortable.

Minus points. Lack of adjustment at the following areas. Cuff, bicep, knee armour a bit on the chunky side. Mesh at knee/ thigh area can be a bit of an irrantant when the quilted has been removed. As a personal preference, would like the addition of cargo pockets.

Streetguard

I bought one in April 2014. It's been great and very flexible as others have said. In the winter - toasty warm and keeps you dry. In very hot temperatures it can be a bit much but still bearable. I've used mine in January in the UK at the one end of the scale and in Morocco off tarmac in October at the other. GF got one as well a few months ago and she is equally praising of it. I would have one again, assuming the current one lasts another three years or so. All that said, I might still go back to Aerostich - Roadcrafter one piece for the winter and commuting, and Darien for the summer and trail riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan F View Post
    Good points. Warm in cooler temperatures. Waterproof. Reasonably comfortable.

Minus points. Lack of adjustment at the following areas. Cuff, bicep, knee armour a bit on the chunky side. Mesh at knee/ thigh area can be a bit of an irrantant when the quilted has been removed. As a personal preference, would like the addition of cargo pockets.
    Latest. Today, I returned my Streetguard suit to the dealer. Just returned from a wet few days trip up around Wester Ross. Jacket leaking on both forearms. Trousers slight leak in the crotch. Will update post when I get feedback from my dealer / BMW.

I think my replacement suit is leaking on the fore arms.

Picking up replacement suit from dealer tomorrow.

Just been to Scotland mine leaked in moderate rain, arms shoulders & chest soaked within less than 2 hours ! Bike in tomorow for service will take jacket back. Less than a year old maybe 30 days use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Certainly seem to be a few leaking problems. I intended buying a suit when in the UK in May/June but decided against it in favour of keeping my old Comfortshell/SG3 combo, at least for the next year or so.
    Thanks to all for replies.

Beaky Farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan F View Post
    Picking up replacement suit from dealer tomorrow.
    Which dealer Allan?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast