Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Streetguard 2014 wearers???

Handed back my forth replacement suit for a full refund which they did so been use an old twat suit for now but have been told that there is a completely new design suit due soon

Sent from my
    iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Had mine just about 2 years now, Had jacket replaced after a couple of months because of leak around left bicep area... This is the common area for leaks. Hard to see where the water gets in as there are no seams in the local.
    Not had any problems with it since. Or if I have suffered water ingress it has been my fault. What I've found is it is difficult to get a good seal around the neck so water can get in in this area. The jacket comes with a storm-collar. If it's raining wear the collar, no leaks.
    It has a limited usage per year, I would say 2 seasons max; it does have vents but they aren't the best.
    The thermal liners are good - the trouser quilts I used for a few weeks over the dead of winter but removed them after a while as I found them too warm and my usual "man tights" were enough.
    The jacket liner I have mixed feelings about - it has pockets and makes a great paddock jacket when removed. But for me it's not warm enough for those very long cold rides (1 - 2 hour +) in winter... But that's why we have Gerbing!
    Unless you have the liner inner jacket attached there is no seal at the cuff and you can get a right draft up your sleeve.
    Love that it's a long jacket so there is a lot of insulation around the core and hips when riding and also love the bib and braces attachment on the trousers for that extra warm around the belly.
    For me it gets about 4/5 months use per year the rest of the time I use a 10 year old Twat suit that I find a lot more flexible (as long as you remember to carry your waterproof with you at all times.
    It is priced in the "Premium" suit range. Personally I would go look at the Ruka Gear if you're gonna pay that sort of money. As a company I do believe they have a no quibble worldwide guarantee.

Good luck and Happy riding
    "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf

Took mine in today explained the problem Immediately told they would swap it without question so came home with a new jacket. Excellent service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife has had 2 of these in just over 2 years and both leak/leaked. Still trying to work a satisfactory conclusion with BMW Customer Services.

Quote Originally Posted by agent2494 View Post
    Handed back my forth replacement suit for a full refund which they did so been use an old twat suit for now but have been told that there is a completely new design suit due soon

Sent from my
    iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi agent 2494, over what period of time did you return the four suits? Was it longer than the original 2 year warranty?
    Thanks
    Steve

Stevedo

None of the kit lasted more than 6 months max but bare in mind that wore the suits 7days a week for long trips with work one set of trousers lasted a week, far play to Cotswolds Nick said that they would keep swapping the kit or money back but it's a tad embarrassing went at a meeting and it looks like you have pissed yourself.

Sent from my
    iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Shakey,

Douglas Park Motorrad East Kilbride. Bought it from them March 2015. They sent suit back to BMW. Within 7 days, BMW authorised a full replacement. Happy enough. Just hope the replacement stands up to the elements.

Mine has never leaked, ridden in some fairly torrential prolonged rain

However I always use the storm collar and inner jacket in really bad rain
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    However I always use the storm collar and inner jacket in really bad rain
    When you say storm collar, do you mean you put up the hood that's tucked into the collar?
    e-bike expert & log burner extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    When you say storm collar, do you mean you put up the hood that's tucked into the collar?
    If it's raining I zip the storm collar into the jacket and velcro everything up tight

If it was really bouncing I have worn the hood that folds out too, under my helmet - work well

You really have to wear the inner jacket as it has the labyrinth seals to seal the cuffs (they have no velcro to 'lock' them down) properly and stop water rising up the cuffs

It is a design flaw especially in warm weather, though

Once you use the jacket, as it was designed, then I've never had any leaks
    JohnnyBoxer

You really have to wear the inner jacket as it has the labyrinth seals to seal the cuffs (they have no velcro to 'lock' them down) properly and stop water rising up the cuffs
    Ive never worn the inner layers as i'd be far too hot, even in winter. The inner jacket sleeves only fasten into the outer jacket sleeves via press studs, so do you think its just the bulk of both layers at the cuffs that makes a type of seal?

There's a Hood!!!!
    Well feck me not found that!
    "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf

Quote Originally Posted by Blowzorn View Post
    There's a Hood!!!!
    It pulls out and is worn under the helmet to stop rain going down your back.

Ive never worn the inner layers as i'd be far too hot, even in winter. The inner jacket sleeves only fasten into the outer jacket sleeves via press studs, so do you think its just the bulk of both layers at the cuffs that makes a type of seal?
    Not really the bulk

It's a a labyrinth type seal that fits close your wrist (on the inner jacket) & keeps the wind & any rain out when your hands are on the bars

Very effective when your gloves are inside the sleeves too

Inner jacket = too hot ?

I just wear a t shirt in summer under the jacket or if it's chilly the under fleece thing

Autumn & Spring - inner jacket with a t shirt or long sleeved Helly Hansen type base layer

Never wear more than a base or t shirt under the SG4
    JohnnyBoxer

Quote Originally Posted by Blowzorn View Post
    There's a Hood!!!!
    Yep works well

I really do think that some SG4 owners don't use all its features in rain perhaps as BMW intended & make sure the Vents are closed fully
    JohnnyBoxer

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I really do think that some SG4 owners don't use all its features in rain perhaps as BMW intended
    How dare you claim I don't use all of the jackets features, I'll have you know I always have at least one Snicker bar in one of the pockets, and I often use the cuffs to wipe my nose.

But I still find the quilted liners far too warm, even in winter. But then I'm tougher than most on here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast