Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Streetguard 2014 wearers???

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningGSer View Post
    NEARLY bought a street guard 4 today, assured by the dealer that it was 100% waterproof, but thought I'd research this site first. I rather liked the anthracite and it's smart enough to walk around in, but you've all put me off. After a truly soaked French trip tis year I started looking at Rukka. buy hey bloody expensive . Decisions decisions ....
    Just buy one and if it rains put a kugool over the top.

Noooo : I could do that with my Rallye 3. If is says waterproof and it costs £600....,,
    Too shiny and clean to use it properly.

I'm happy with mine
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

After spending time trying several options and after recommendation from Yonkyo and Mrs Yonkyo (who were in the dealership, I abandoned the Streetguard 4 idea, and purchased the GS Dry Jacket:

Labelled as 'WATERPROOF', it has a membrane within the shell, it feels MUCH lighter than my Rallye 3 (Therefore should not hold a swimming pool-full of water when soaked, which chills me greatly !!!) and inbuilt membrane should make it waterproof (If it works). When I wear my internal Keis X25 heated jacket, which is a passable smart fleece, it hopefully will keep me warm and dry without need for additional, bulky, PITA paraphernalia
    p.s. its £200 cheaper.

Oh and p.s. p.s. dealer believes that the 2017 Rallye jacket will be waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningGSer View Post
    After spending time trying several options and after recommendation from Yonkyo and Mrs Yonkyo (who were in the dealership, I abandoned the Streetguard 4 idea, and purchased the GS Dry Jacket:

Labelled as 'WATERPROOF', it has a membrane within the shell, it feels MUCH lighter than my Rallye 3 (Therefore should not hold a swimming pool-full of water when soaked, which chills me greatly !!!) and inbuilt membrane should make it waterproof (If it works). When I wear my internal Keis X25 heated jacket, which is a passable smart fleece, it hopefully will keep me warm and dry without need for additional, bulky, PITA paraphernalia
    p.s. its £200 cheaper.

Oh and p.s. p.s. dealer believes that the 2017 Rallye jacket will be waterproof
    Ask 2 Wheel Humvee

He bought one in 2015 for a Spanish trip and after a monsoon on the way back to Santander, it was anyting but a GS 'Dry' suit...............it was more like a wetsuit

He returned it for a full refund after the holiday
    JohnnyBoxer

Yes, I hear what you say, but equally hear tales of woe for the Streetguard and I must add that the Streetguard does feel more substantial and MORE likely to be waterproof. Either way, if I get wet shirt sleeves then it's going back.

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Ask 2 Wheel Humvee

He bought one in 2015 for a Spanish trip and after a monsoon on the way back to Santander, it was anyting but a GS 'Dry' suit...............it was more like a wetsuit

He returned it for a full refund after the holiday
    As did my stepfather Richard, he had the same jacket which also leaked like a seive his jacket also shed a popper button and the closer from another and the faux leather collar had all but disintegrated after 1 trip, piss poor quality we both got a full refund, I was going to sell my 5 year old trail guard suit but it performs so much better than the GS Dry that I've kept it, buyer beware!
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Is the 2015, the same as the 2016 ? I must give it a try; I'll soon know if it leaks, then I'll sing like a canary.

I'm happy with mine
    Well, I used mine last week in Europe and we had some torrential downpours on the Autobahn of biblical proportions (traffic down to 50kph)

The jacket was superb, even though I forgot to close the rear vents

Never leaked, not a drop came through, with the storm collar fitted

Superb piece of kit, versatile and does what is meant of it

Very happy
    JohnnyBoxer

The last time I wore mine in the rain, the jacket sleeves let in water, and the trousers leaked as if I'd pissed myself. And this is the 3rd replacement suit!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    The last time I wore mine in the rain, the jacket sleeves let in water, and the trousers leaked as if I'd pissed myself. And this is the 3rd replacement suit!!
    Me, identical issue.

Bought Rukka gear now and it's doing well. Super comfortable.
    Even has a chest protector built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    What are you doing wrong?

Do you wear the inner jacket in rain or use the zip on storm hood?
    JohnnyBoxer

What are you doing wrong?

Do you wear the inner jacket in rain or use the zip on storm hood?
    Probably leaving his fur hanging out of the collar area allowing the water to seep in via capillary action bound to be some form of operator error

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Tiger View Post
    Probably leaving his fur hanging out of the collar area allowing the water to seep in via capillary action bound to be some form of operator error
    Maybe, never had any probs with my jacket
    JohnnyBoxer

Maybe, never had any probs with my jacket
    Just got a streetguard brand new off the forum, so just asking, are you saying that I should not wear the inner in the rain ????

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Just got a streetguard brand new off the forum, so just asking, are you saying that I should not wear the inner in the rain ????
    No, I think you should wear both, as the storm cuffs on the inner, stops rain travelling up the outstretched arms
    JohnnyBoxer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast