Happy Streetguard 2014 wearers???

What are you doing wrong?

Do you wear the inner jacket in rain or use the zip on storm hood?

Probably leaving his fur hanging out of the collar area allowing the water to seep in via capillary action :D bound to be some form of operator error :augie

Just got a streetguard brand new off the forum, so just asking, are you saying that I should not wear the inner in the rain ????

No, I think you should wear both, as the storm cuffs on the inner, stops rain travelling up the outstretched arms

They didn't on my first one, it acted like a sponge. I ended up with both sleeves soaked. The replacement is much better.

I don't think cuffs have a lot to do with your inner elbows and crotch getting weely werry wet. That said, the SG I looked at in Cotswold a few months back looked to have a different finish on it to the two I had....Maybe they've improved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I've invested in.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/324995

It's expensive. But for me the cost per wear makes it with it. The inner down jacket is worth £200 by itself (I know as I've not ling bought something almost identical).

The side venting is brilliant. The chest protector is must have for me as I feel very vulnerable now when a jacket doesn't have one. The biggest plus for me - just returned from Geneva, 3 long days and no fidgeting like in my SG kit and no Air hawk needed at any point....Go figure. Awesome kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picking up my 4th replacement Streetguard suit tomorrow. The 3rd one leaked in the arms like a sieve. Decent service from BMW though seeing as I bought the original suit 4 yrs ago.

Picked up the replacement suit today. Apparently they tested my previous one by submerging it in water, where thankfully they found it was leaking at the arms and crotch. Great service from Alan Jefferies to be fair, seeing as the original suit was purchased 4yrs ago.

My 4th Streetguard suit leaks like a sieve with enlarged holes. Utter fucking shite in the rain, but otherwise super comfy. BMW refuse to swap it again so I’m fucked.

Back
Top Bottom