Happy Streetguard 2014 wearers???

Honestly, after going abroad, leaving wife's and my SG suits at home, I think the best clothing option is a good mesh jacket, a Keis heated under jacket for colder weather and what we did was buy a Gortex cycling over jacket - when it rained or was cold we put them on. Perfectly dry after heavy rain around Interlaken. Vented Jackets for the rest of the trip. I know you have to put the rain layer on but it takes seconds. Hot weather in a SG isn't great.

Regarding tech, it's my thinking that where the material is repeatedly creased that's where it leaks. The bonded layer on the surface of the jacket clearly isn't good enough. You shouldn't have to, but a good fix would be the occasional soaking in Nixwax surface protector spray, you shouldn't have to, but....

I dont understand where the manufacturing problem lies, it can't be hard to make a waterproof suit. Im on my 3rd suit already.

Good point, I have a SG2 purchased from here for £60 almost new. It's a brilliant jacket. Some of the gloves ( 2 in 1 and the Race ) are made by HELD, but who makes the clothing is a mystery. I used the BMW ComfortShell suit for years and is one of the best bit of kit I have. My son has the TourShell which is a bit like the SG but a bit cheaper and he likes it, no leaks or drama

NEARLY bought a street guard 4 today, assured by the dealer that it was 100% waterproof, but thought I'd research this site first. I rather liked the anthracite and it's smart enough to walk around in, but you've all put me off. After a truly soaked French trip tis year I started looking at Rukka. buy hey bloody expensive . Decisions decisions ....

Bought one (red and grey) for the missus when Wollaston had their sale this month. It is certainly stylish and fit is good. She is small and the smallest size fitted her. Looks well put together. Zip out soft shell jacket to wear on its own. Hood in the storm collar to pull over your head to stop the water and cold running down your neck. Not used in anger yet but will see what it is like next year.

NEARLY bought a street guard 4 today, assured by the dealer that it was 100% waterproof, but thought I'd research this site first. I rather liked the anthracite and it's smart enough to walk around in, but you've all put me off. After a truly soaked French trip tis year I started looking at Rukka. buy hey bloody expensive . Decisions decisions ....

They come with a 2yr warranty so they are worth a try. They are very comfy.

Just buy one and if it rains put a kugool over the top. ;)

Noooo : I could do that with my Rallye 3. If is says waterproof and it costs £600....,,

After spending time trying several options and after recommendation from Yonkyo and Mrs Yonkyo (who were in the dealership, I abandoned the Streetguard 4 idea, and purchased the GS Dry Jacket:
i-gzrkssW-M.png

Labelled as 'WATERPROOF', it has a membrane within the shell, it feels MUCH lighter than my Rallye 3 (Therefore should not hold a swimming pool-full of water when soaked, which chills me greatly !!!) and inbuilt membrane should make it waterproof (If it works). When I wear my internal Keis X25 heated jacket, which is a passable smart fleece, it hopefully will keep me warm and dry without need for additional, bulky, PITA paraphernalia
:nenau p.s. its £200 cheaper.

Oh and p.s. p.s. dealer believes that the 2017 Rallye jacket will be waterproof :augie

After spending time trying several options and after recommendation from Yonkyo and Mrs Yonkyo (who were in the dealership, I abandoned the Streetguard 4 idea, and purchased the GS Dry Jacket:
i-gzrkssW-M.png

Labelled as 'WATERPROOF', it has a membrane within the shell, it feels MUCH lighter than my Rallye 3 (Therefore should not hold a swimming pool-full of water when soaked, which chills me greatly !!!) and inbuilt membrane should make it waterproof (If it works). When I wear my internal Keis X25 heated jacket, which is a passable smart fleece, it hopefully will keep me warm and dry without need for additional, bulky, PITA paraphernalia
:nenau p.s. its £200 cheaper.

Oh and p.s. p.s. dealer believes that the 2017 Rallye jacket will be waterproof :augie

Ask 2 Wheel Humvee:D

He bought one in 2015 for a Spanish trip and after a monsoon on the way back to Santander, it was anyting but a GS 'Dry' suit...............it was more like a wetsuit:blast

He returned it for a full refund after the holiday:p

Yes, I hear what you say, but equally hear tales of woe for the Streetguard and I must add that the Streetguard does feel more substantial and MORE likely to be waterproof. Either way, if I get wet shirt sleeves then it's going back.

Ask 2 Wheel Humvee:D

He bought one in 2015 for a Spanish trip and after a monsoon on the way back to Santander, it was anyting but a GS 'Dry' suit...............it was more like a wetsuit:blast

He returned it for a full refund after the holiday:p

As did my stepfather Richard, he had the same jacket which also leaked like a seive his jacket also shed a popper button and the closer from another and the faux leather collar had all but disintegrated after 1 trip, piss poor quality we both got a full refund, I was going to sell my 5 year old trail guard suit but it performs so much better than the GS Dry that I've kept it, buyer beware!

Is the 2015, the same as the 2016 ? I must give it a try; I'll soon know if it leaks, then I'll sing like a canary.:D

I'm happy with mine

Well, I used mine last week in Europe and we had some torrential downpours on the Autobahn of biblical proportions (traffic down to 50kph)

The jacket was superb, even though I forgot to close the rear vents:blast

Never leaked, not a drop came through, with the storm collar fitted

Superb piece of kit, versatile and does what is meant of it

Very happy

The last time I wore mine in the rain, the jacket sleeves let in water, and the trousers leaked as if I'd pissed myself. And this is the 3rd replacement suit!!

The last time I wore mine in the rain, the jacket sleeves let in water, and the trousers leaked as if I'd pissed myself. And this is the 3rd replacement suit!!

Me, identical issue.

Bought Rukka gear now and it's doing well. Super comfortable.
Even has a chest protector built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you doing wrong?

Do you wear the inner jacket in rain or use the zip on storm hood?

Back
Top Bottom