Happy Streetguard 2014 wearers???

stegs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now that the suit has been around for a while how do the early buyers like it?

I am looking for something to replace a Comfortshell and being something of an odd shape the multiple sizes of the SG appeal.

A few posts mention leaks and some comment on the stitching being less than great... are they the only faults?

Thanks

Had my jacket for 2 years and perfect

Keeps me bone dry in monsoon cloudburst downpours and 8 hours days of torrential rain, in the saddle

Vents well in warm weather too

Im more than happy with mine.

Great stuff. Very versatile.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Had to swap mine after a year as the arms and legs were letting in water. Local dealer Rainbow were aware of an issue and gave me a straight swap for a brand new suit. Sizing is good, various lengths of jackets available and trouser lengths. Sizes also cater for the true tosser sizes.

Thanks for the answers....Bear, did you have any hassles in getting the replacements? As I will be buying in the UK but more than likely will be back in NZ by the time any problems may appear, claims will probably have to be done through the UK dealer (I assume) so maybe a bit extra time to solve any problems but thats not abig deal. The size range is one of the attractions of the SG suit, being that I am mini-tosser shape.

I had no problems at all, I returned them to the dealer that I had purchased them from and told them that it was leaking and they ordered me a new suit. I got the impression that they knew of a problem with the early 2014 suits.

my jacket started leaking bad on saturday expecting the usual good after sales from joe duffys as always

Streetguard Suit

Good points. Warm in cooler temperatures. Waterproof. Reasonably comfortable.

Minus points. Lack of adjustment at the following areas. Cuff, bicep, knee armour a bit on the chunky side. Mesh at knee/ thigh area can be a bit of an irrantant when the quilted has been removed. As a personal preference, would like the addition of cargo pockets.
:thumb2

Streetguard

I bought one in April 2014. It's been great and very flexible as others have said. In the winter - toasty warm and keeps you dry. In very hot temperatures it can be a bit much but still bearable. I've used mine in January in the UK at the one end of the scale and in Morocco off tarmac in October at the other. GF got one as well a few months ago and she is equally praising of it. I would have one again, assuming the current one lasts another three years or so. All that said, I might still go back to Aerostich - Roadcrafter one piece for the winter and commuting, and Darien for the summer and trail riding.

Good points. Warm in cooler temperatures. Waterproof. Reasonably comfortable.

Minus points. Lack of adjustment at the following areas. Cuff, bicep, knee armour a bit on the chunky side. Mesh at knee/ thigh area can be a bit of an irrantant when the quilted has been removed. As a personal preference, would like the addition of cargo pockets.
:thumb2

Latest. Today, I returned my Streetguard suit to the dealer. Just returned from a wet few days trip up around Wester Ross. Jacket leaking on both forearms. Trousers slight leak in the crotch. Will update post when I get feedback from my dealer / BMW.

Just been to Scotland mine leaked in moderate rain, arms shoulders & chest soaked within less than 2 hours ! Bike in tomorow for service will take jacket back. Less than a year old maybe 30 days use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Certainly seem to be a few leaking problems. I intended buying a suit when in the UK in May/June but decided against it in favour of keeping my old Comfortshell/SG3 combo, at least for the next year or so.
Thanks to all for replies.

Handed back my forth replacement suit for a full refund which they did so been use an old twat suit for now but have been told that there is a completely new design suit due soon

Sent from my
iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine just about 2 years now, Had jacket replaced after a couple of months because of leak around left bicep area... This is the common area for leaks. Hard to see where the water gets in as there are no seams in the local.
Not had any problems with it since. Or if I have suffered water ingress it has been my fault. What I've found is it is difficult to get a good seal around the neck so water can get in in this area. The jacket comes with a storm-collar. If it's raining wear the collar, no leaks.
It has a limited usage per year, I would say 2 seasons max; it does have vents but they aren't the best.
The thermal liners are good - the trouser quilts I used for a few weeks over the dead of winter but removed them after a while as I found them too warm and my usual "man tights" were enough.
The jacket liner I have mixed feelings about - it has pockets and makes a great paddock jacket when removed. But for me it's not warm enough for those very long cold rides (1 - 2 hour +) in winter... But that's why we have Gerbing!
Unless you have the liner inner jacket attached there is no seal at the cuff and you can get a right draft up your sleeve.
Love that it's a long jacket so there is a lot of insulation around the core and hips when riding and also love the bib and braces attachment on the trousers for that extra warm around the belly.
For me it gets about 4/5 months use per year the rest of the time I use a 10 year old Twat suit that I find a lot more flexible (as long as you remember to carry your waterproof with you at all times.
It is priced in the "Premium" suit range. Personally I would go look at the Ruka Gear if you're gonna pay that sort of money. As a company I do believe they have a no quibble worldwide guarantee.

Good luck and Happy riding

Took mine in today explained the problem Immediately told they would swap it without question so came home with a new jacket. Excellent service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife has had 2 of these in just over 2 years and both leak/leaked. Still trying to work a satisfactory conclusion with BMW Customer Services.

Back
Top Bottom