Meets

Mongolian Explorer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are the UKGSER's south west affiliated to the Harley Davidson Owners Club, only ride when the sun is shining and keep off the Tarmac if it rains and the temperature drop below 25 Celsius ????

Having been here since about year dot and done my share of trying to arrange pub meets, I know how little interest is shown in the SW, even in the summer months, of recent years. I put it down to lack of both time and funds, along with a different breed of GS owner now riding the bikes.
In the early days of the GS we had a really great meet at Crewkerne, which was a smashing run down and back on the bikes, but i'm now based further south and there's more boring roads to cover the distance to get back up to The Mendips and, coupled with that, I ask myself; fi no-one local's bothered to go, why should I make the effort.
I have tried to get an evening bash going here in Devon, but there's not much going on here either, and with working away, it's difficult. Again, next year sees me retired, so i'll give t other go to get a local meet/ride up and running.
Once my camper's up and running, i'll aim to travel a bit further for a meet, as i'll be able to stop overnight, but it'll most likely be when it's sunny!:augie:D

As Richard say the new breed of GS riders (1200 of any kind) seem more interested in the bling you can add on and posing outside coffee shops rather than the dirt trails and the all weather riding these adventure motorcycle were designed for !!

THE F SERIES do not qualify as BMW's in my books...... it is not a horizontally opposed engine !!

one last attempt will be made at organising a meet late April but i may keep the location secret and see if anyone can find it ..........

[QUOTE

one last attempt will be made at organising a meet late April but i may keep the location secret and see if anyone can find it ..........[/QUOTE]

Will you be giving clues or will you be there alone? Camping? :cool:

Are the UKGSER's south west affiliated to the Harley Davidson Owners Club, only ride when the sun is shining and keep off the Tarmac if it rains and the temperature drop below 25 Celsius ????

Bite! We're off to take a look at the Camperex in the Bath & West Showground, but in the car - coz its frickin' raining! (actually the bike's in the garage having some well deserved luv and attention since our return from S America!)

Bazzer

Back
Top Bottom