Moving to the wee North - advise needed

nud1e

Reaction score
For family reasons, it looks like we will be moving back north, possibly to Crossgar.

Looking for some advise about importing and insuring the bikes from someone who has done this move recently.

Two of the bikes have kph speedos, another has its original NI registration but hasn't been on the road or taxed for the last 30 years.
I'm insured with Carole Nash in the Republic with a full no claims bonus, will this be taking into account which I insure the bikes in the North?

Any help gratefully received.

My info may be out of date.
But i think Adelaide insurance may be of use as they are based up North / and do business down South.
All the best to you for the move.

Use Open and Direct Best customer service and local offices 028 70 35 0400 They are now affiliated with Swindon

AS to Bikes All Vehicle licensing is via Swansea now

You "Must" inform HMRC that you are bringing the bikes in I think you have 7 days Grace

Bikes under 10 years old must be presented for an SVA (conformation to type approval i.e. CRAP )

Over 10 years old will be required to pass an MOT

Headlamps must be Flat beam or Left dipping

Speedos must be Dual marked

Stickers will not do apparently as they are not illuminated
GPS won;t do as its a demountable item

They will also go through the brake test which is wee buns

Feel free to pm or call if I can help

Here was me thinking you were coming to Lancashire , home of Hollands pies and black puddings. No dicking about with speedos in Lancashire only issue is you need a Sat Nav if you venture into darkest Yorkshire. "Some say they still live in caves" so mph and kph would mean diddly squat to them.

Back
Top Bottom