BMW Coverall - what back insert?

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If anybody has a BMW Coverall one-piece suit, please can you tell me what back insert you use?

I'm having trouble finding anything big enough to fill the pocket and stay in position.

ta

:beerjug:

Hi

I got the over suit used from this site and just put the back protector from my old Dianese jacket. A perfect fit. If I remember correctly the BP was an accessory I purchased severally about 12 years ago.

Bill

If anybody has a BMW Coverall one-piece suit, please can you tell me what back insert you use?

I'm having trouble finding anything big enough to fill the pocket and stay in position.

ta

:beerjug:

try you wallet thats plenty big enough:D

BMW cover-all.
Looking to buy one of these suits. Any feed back regarding quality and fit.
I'm 6'3'' tall but slim build so assume a size L, don't really want to got to XL as it's gonna be like a marquee on me, any one else comment on fit if they have one.
Local dealer (Cannons at Braintree hasn't got any in stock)
Cheers.

BMW cover-all.
Looking to buy one of these suits. Any feed back regarding quality and fit.
I'm 6'3'' tall but slim build so assume a size L, don't really want to got to XL as it's gonna be like a marquee on me, any one else comment on fit if they have one.
Local dealer (Cannons at Braintree hasn't got any in stock)
Cheers.

I bought a new one & back protector via Cotswold BMW and got a good deal. I'm 6ft 2ins and you may find the large tight in the upper body. i would recommend trying both before buying. Plus of course whats worn underneath has a bearing. I'm limited to a shirt and fleece, otherwise i feel too restricted

I bought a new one & back protector via Cotswold BMW and got a good deal. I'm 6ft 2ins and you may find the large tight in the upper body. i would recommend trying both before buying. Plus of course whats worn underneath has a bearing. I'm limited to a shirt and fleece, otherwise i feel too restricted

What he said...

I'd be surprised if at 6'3" a Large will work for you. I'm 5'11.5" (note the .5') with 32" inseam and L works for me but if I were any longer in the body, I'd have a squeaky voice when wearing the Coverall...

Thanks guys, sounds like I need an an XL then. Will try one on first if possible.
What do you think of the quality of the suit ???
Cheers all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, sounds like I need an an XL then. Will try one on first if possible.
What do you think of the quality of the suit ???

If you accept it for what it is - just a simple shell - then it's excellent. It's waterproof (for sure) and tough (apparently) and looks smart. The only real criticism I'd have is that the arm and knee armour pockets could be bigger - I'd like to put bigger protectors in.

I don't know if they've changed the design but I bought one around 2006/7. It leaked after a couple of months. I took it back and the dealer swapped it no problem. A few weeks later the replacement leaked too. I took it back and the dealer swapped it no problem. A couple of months later that leaked and a leg zip failed too. Got my money back and bought a similar but cheaper Vanucci item from Louis.de. Lasted several years, a far better made piece of kit but when I wanted a replacement they were nolonger available.

Currently using an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece. What the Coverall can only weakly aspire to emulate, a superb bit of kit.

I heard BMW changed the design a few years ago so I'm hoping there good suits now!

Currently using an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece. What the Coverall can only weakly aspire to emulate, a superb bit of kit.

This would be true - or maybe even is true nowadays - but only if Aerostich have finally looked up the definition of "waterproof" in a dictionary and understood that it should include the whole suit, including the crutch...

That aside, to me the two suits have totally different roles. The Roadcrafter is a one-piece substitute for a regular two-piece textile suit. The Coverall is simply intended to be worn over your regular clothes to commute.

I use a coverall most days, had it for years, wear it over work gear, even suits, its -1 here and in 20 mins with a few easy layers it will keep me toasty, pissing rain? No problem.

Great kit and good prices

Backprotector is a 2nd hand Forcefield bought if this site

Yep! The commute thing over ordinary clothes is exactly what I want it for. Got other proper riding kit if I'm riding all day.

How are the Coverall users doing with their suits now?

I'm thinking of looking for one for commuting purposes if I can find a 'L'.

I love mine. I did have to get the main zip replaced after it broke but otherwise perfect for my needs as I wear a uniform at work and nowhere to change in private (apart from the loo) so the suit is great for stepping out of ready to work.
Would I have another one in future.... Yes.

Neil

I love mine. I did have to get the main zip replaced after it broke but otherwise perfect for my needs as I wear a uniform at work and nowhere to change in private (apart from the loo) so the suit is great for stepping out of ready to work.
Would I have another one in future.... Yes.

Neil

Thanks for the feedback! How easy is it to get in and out of? (there's precious little in the way of review and videos on the web!)

Back
Top Bottom