Intermittent touch screen?

Mr K

Reaction score
My 350LM has begun a campaign of random refusal to react to touch-screen input, which as you may imagine is how one does most things with it, so it's a tad inconvenient.

Anyone had the same?

:confused:

My 350LM has begun a campaign of random refusal to react to touch-screen input, which as you may imagine is how one does most things with it, so it's a tad inconvenient.

Anyone had the same?

:confused:

Yes, mine did that - tried re-calibrating it, which seemed to work briefly, but eventually ended up having to send it back and pay for a reconditioned replacement:mad:

It's the only bad thing I have to say about it, as I find it really easy and intuitive to use - better than the 550s/660s etc.

Have you tried re-booting your fingers?

Spoke to the nice man from Garmin this morning.
Did a full reinstall, software and maps and all seems to be working again.

:hogroast

I think it's time for:

1. An exchange (if possible) from Garmin, I guess at about £100 to £120 tops.

2. A replacement screen, which will be cheaper but this assumes that the problem is with the screen, as opposed to the electronical wizardry. Several websites and 'How to do' guides out there. Having once tried to fiddle with the very small wires in a BT wall socket box thing (why do the chimps not leave even the smallest bit of slack?) it should be a doddle for you.

3. Lump hammer. This is the most satisfying but ultimately the most costly, particularly if you hit your thumb or worse.

I think it's time for:

1. An exchange (if possible) from Garmin, I guess at about £100 to £120 tops.

2. A replacement screen, which will be cheaper but this assumes that the problem is with the screen, as opposed to the electronical wizardry. Several websites and 'How to do' guides out there. Having once tried to fiddle with the very small wires in a BT wall socket box thing (why do the chimps not leave even the smallest bit of slack?) it should be a doddle for you.

3. Lump hammer. This is the most satisfying but ultimately the most costly, particularly if you hit your thumb or worse.

They quoted £82 when I was on the phone t'other day... wonder if they work Saturdays?

:beerjug:

£82 sounds very fair. Monday is on the phone to them day.

Enjoy your replacement device :beerjug:

Sent off the device "Special Delivery" on Tuesday morning. £7+ and £82.80 poorer......Should have my refurbed unit within "10 - 14 working days"....

Curiously, if you buy a refurbed unit from Garmin you get 12 months guarantee..... exchanged refurbed units only have 90 days guarantee...... (strokes chin)...

:cool:

Yes, mine did that - tried re-calibrating it, which seemed to work briefly, but eventually ended up having to send it back and pay for a reconditioned replacement:mad:

It's the only bad thing I have to say about it, as I find it really easy and intuitive to use - better than the 550s/660s etc.

Told you! :D

Back
Top Bottom