Robin Hoods Bay today, GS idiots riding the bicycle path for 5 miles.

Pete T

Reaction score
Anyone know who the 2 lamedicks on GS's might have been who deliberately ignored directions and illegally rode 5 miles down the disused railway line at Robin Hoods Bay today?
Bridleway boys, it's a bridleway, replete with dogs, cyclists, walkers, horse riders, and NO Vehicles! Wish I'd had the presence of mind to get their license plates.

Anyone know who the 2 lamedicks on GS's might have been who deliberately ignored directions and illegally rode 5 miles down the disused railway line at Robin Hoods Bay today?
Bridleway boys, it's a bridleway, replete with dogs, cyclists, walkers, horse riders, and NO Vehicles! Wish I'd had the presence of mind to get their license plates.
You followed them for 5 miles and didn't get their number? What mode of travel were you on? JJH

You followed them for 5 miles and didn't get their number? What mode of travel were you on? JJH

I was on a mountain bike with my granddaughter, 10 yrs old. They started down the bridleway from Ravenscar at about midday. I waved them down, and explained it was a no-go for vehicles, but the front guy got belligerent, asked me if I was a policeman etc. and then wheelspan off followed by his mate. Other walkers were present. We rode to RHB and noticed their tyre tracks all the way to the village. We saw them about an hour later on the road, they rode past us giving us the finger. Nice guys.

I've ridden off-road all my adult life, I'm a member of Scarborough District offroad Motor Club, ride trials, hate rambling. But these tossers need to smarten up. The bridleway was packed with Sunday users, incredibly ignorant of them

I was on a mountain bike with my granddaughter, 10 yrs old. They started down the bridleway from Ravenscar at about midday. I waved them down, and explained it was a no-go for vehicles, but the front guy got belligerent, asked me if I was a policeman etc. and then wheelspan off followed by his mate. Other walkers were present. We rode to RHB and noticed their tyre tracks all the way to the village. We saw them about an hour later on the road, they rode past us giving us the finger. Nice guys.

I've ridden off-road all my adult life, I'm a member of Scarborough District offroad Motor Club, ride trials, hate rambling. But these tossers need to smarten up. The bridleway was packed with Sunday users, incredibly ignorant of them

They certainly weren't doing themselves any favours. Arseholes. JJH

You saw them twice ? Spoke to them ? Yet didn't get a number ....idiots like this need reporting , they ruin it for all of us

You saw them twice ? Spoke to them ? Yet didn't get a number ....idiots like this need reporting , they ruin it for all of us

It's only afterwards you think about getting their numbers. The leader was agressive by nature, average hight, with a gopro on the very top of his helmet. His mate said nothing, bit overweight, short-ish. They both (inevitably) ran really loud pipes. Not Northerners, no accent.
That's all I can recall.

Back
Top Bottom