Thread: Peak trails today...

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Peak trails today...

Working in Manchester today. Nottingham to Manchester - 2 hours, A50/M6. I hate motorways. Finished at 3 so rode back through my old stomping ground. There are some interesting developments...

The track leaving the main road and heading east just south of the A6/A623 junction has been enlarged around the expanded quarry. It's as close as you'll get to a graded MX track if you fancy it.

Haydale, to the east of Smalldale, has had its ruts in the valley bottom dealt with and is very easy as you drop into it from the east and ride along the valley bottom. The climb out is excellent - rocky, a few small steps, but I'd have no qualms taking any GS up it in the dry with road tyres.

The track heading east from Foolow to Eyam is still excellent, however there is a puddle right across the track at one point which came over the top of my Airhead GS cylinders. Eek. It's not the first big puddle you get to, as seen in the photo below, it's later on. I took the right side of the track (heading east) which seemed like it might be shallower. It needed a definite extra gulp of throttle to get through. That might have been the panniers dragging through the water behind me.

At about 6pm tonight, 100% of the motorbikes in Matlock Bath were GSs. A first, I believe.

Steve.

Sounds like a good day out. Any pics?

Yes. In fact they looked fantastic in the preview box. URLs from Dropbox. Never mind.

And on the Test forum, looked really good.

???????????

And this morning, as if by magic, they appear in my original post! I believe the appropriate acronym these days is WTF? Does it normally take the forum overnight to find image links? I've wasted 20 of my employers valuable minutes just now transferring them from Dropbox to a PC and reducing the image size and trying to attach them as images rather than links. I'll put them in here as images because I'm not trusting me or the system at the moment... here goes.....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Love the bike!

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Thanks. Done 4,500kms on it since total rebuild, including new speedo. Really bonding with it now. Off to Isle of Man (work!!!) next week on it. Never been before. Should be fun. There looks to be some great trails marked on the Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 map.

The bike is a Siebenrocked Paralever with a big front disc and the Paris Dakar tank from the G/S. Did 314 miles on the last tankful, half of which was hammering to London on the M1 with panniers.

Steve.