Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Following Tim's example........

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Following Tim's example........

So, after Tim introduced me to the Twinshock and Pre 65 trials clubs in North Wales, I swapped my modern Beta for a TY175 Whitehawk. Then Tim acquired his very lovely BSA, and after a few rides on that I decided to try the Pre 65 route myself. A triumph Tiger Cub Trials, with a bored out 250cc engine, restored then unridden for some years.

All I have to do now is learn how to ride it......
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Looks very nice, good look with getting used to it.
    " England is no longer a place for a young man, it crawls with greed and corruption. It is governed by charlatans and profiteers who think more of their pockets than they do of their principles "
    Oliver Cromwell 1640

Corr ....

Give me a sunny day (that would be Kent, not Wales .. ), a bottle of beer, some rags and a tube of autosol. That would keep me happy for days ... !!

Nice ..

Quote Originally Posted by earthmover View Post

All I have to do now is learn how to ride it......
    Mark
    Unfortunately, that won't take you very long

Lovely bike matey, see you soon
    KEA

Very very nice

Very nice!
    Learned to ride on Cubs although my first one was a plunger and cost the princely sum of £5.
    Engines lasted for about 10K before requiring rebuilding (I'm sure things have moved on a bit since then)

Great looking bike and an astute purchase. Cub trials are making good money at present and the interest in the pre 1965 competition should underpin this.

Have a great summer on it and remember dont touch the clutch lever when you enter a section.

Staffords on this weekend, they always have a great vintage trial demo if you are around.
    Steve

https://youtu.be/M2rTK6pzq1E

After adjusting the clutch, and a few other little jobs, I was able to try it out today. Need to work on my throttle control, it's very different to the TY I'm used to!
    Mark

Excellent I enjoyed that, looks like you have your own purpose built section ready.

Thanks Steve. It's a small patch of land with a bank on one side which is just enough to get a feel for the bike. The practice ground we all use is about 45 minutes away where it will get further "testing" very soon.
    Mark

Spent a couple of hours at one of the practice grounds yesterday. The keen eyed observer will notice different rear shocks and footpegs, next is the rear brake lever...
    Mark

Brakes are for girls
    KEA

Brakes cant be worse than on a TY, its the only thing that scares me on old trial bikes.

Some of those old trials bikes are so good looking, I could just stare at that for ages.

If you ever get sick of riding it, you could clean it and stick it in the lounge. Suitable permiissions having been sought, of course.

Brill

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    Brakes are for girls
    I'll let you explain that one to Ange and Denise.

Quote Originally Posted by ossa eck View Post
    Brakes cant be worse than on a TY, its the only thing that scares me on old trial bikes.
    Front brake on the Triumph is actually better than my TY! Don't know about the back yet, the lever is on the wrong side, so I can't find it in a hurry. When I do find it there's so much travel before anything happens my toe is nearly on the ground anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by The Other PaulG View Post
    Some of those old trials bikes are so good looking, I could just stare at that for ages.

If you ever get sick of riding it, you could clean it and stick it in the lounge. Suitable permiissions having been sought, of course.
    This is true. Happily no such permission needed, Denise thinks it's lovely too.
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast