Miles after zero?

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to a closed road and detour, rather than getting home with "some" fuel left, the range readout dropped to zero about a mile from home.

I carried on to the nearest petrol station workout incident, but anyone know how much fuel is left when the bike says none?

210 miles on a tank isn't bad and I don't want to push it (neither figuratively nor literally) but it would be nice to know how much I need to panic as the range ticks down.

Was wondering the same thing. I was actually down to 4 miles range after 237 miles and put 20.01 litres in my 20 litre tank. Not a hint of stutter but curious as to other people experience.

Well pardon the fuck out of me for not checking :thedummy

I was rescued by a mate with a jerry can, emptied that, got home, then filled up next time I was out. :rolleyes:

I ran my GS LC dry on a Wapping's Wander in Verdun a while ago. I got 18 kms (so 10 miles) AFTER the screen said the range was zero

I really don;'t understand WHY folks have to be so DAFT as to risk running out Especially seeing the likes of motorway recovery costs

Is it really SO hard to pull into the next Petrol Station and fill as soon as you get the low fuel warning? Rather than running out?

As soon as My My 04 GS shows low fuel I am calculating the nearest station on my route

I have once on my way home in a downpour said F*** it and went home with 12 left on the clock when I got there and then the next time I started it that was down to 5 :blast

By the time I got to the Petrol station about 5 miles away it had gone to zero I put in 17.5 litres

I won't be doing that again

How much petrol did it take? I'm presuming you filled it? JJH
(Only just spotted there were responses to this thread, settings were wrong)

I put 17.5 litres in.

The manual claims 18 litres capacity, but it's not clear if that's 18 from dry until the nozzle goes click or until you've patiently kept topping it up until you're a good way up the filler tube.

I had 10 miles left by the trip & when refuelled only got 16.5 litres in.
So unless it is inaccurate I would guess you have a litre left after Zero

Back
Top Bottom