Look at this old girl I found in my new girls garage

MiGSel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Found this old girl in my new girls garage.

I'm looking for technical info, manuals, etc.
Who know more about these little Honda's?

DSC_5553-M.jpg

The old CD 175.... in blue, red, green and possibly gold...from memory..... uninspiring little work-horse. No doubt "collectible" by rose-tinted, dewy eyed men of a certain age....especially in that condition....:D

Fondly referred to as a "noddy" back in the day.
(in Ireland anyway)

Sent using a Jedi mind trick!

I bought mine new for £375 in the summer of '76. Commuted a 15 mile round trip to work, all year round. Spent every weekend riding to Bournemouth beach and back from mid Hampshire, 65mph, flat out all the way there and back throughout that hot summer. Even managed a tour of Wales on it, laden with inadequate camping gear. Happy days. :beerjug:

Took my test on it, passed first time :D then sold it, 2 years old, for £325. Brilliant £50's worth

The fact that these are still seen in daily use all over the world after 40+ years must be in its favour. Nice find :thumb2

Had one years back

Used one to commute yrs ago when they first came out no problems and reliable.

Beware though on early honda,s like these the fastenings are made of cheese so dont be heavy handed on the wrenching

had the CB175 version, my first "real" bike, thrashed it for a year and a half then sold it to a mates girlfriend who eventually passed it onto her brother, damn thing just kept going!
loudest thing you ever did hear with short reverse cone mega's on after the original exhausts blew out the baffles :rob
bugger all the fuss about the the africa Twin termi systems this sucker at 10000rpm would make your ears bleed ! :D (and anyone within 1/2 a mile! )had to put some pattern pipes on after the 2nd or 3rd "word" from the old bill :blast

I bought mine new for £375 in the summer of '76. Commuted a 15 mile round trip to work, all year round. Spent every weekend riding to Bournemouth beach and back from mid Hampshire, 65mph, flat out all the way there and back throughout that hot summer. Even managed a tour of Wales on it, laden with inadequate camping gear. Happy days. :beerjug:

Took my test on it, passed first time :D then sold it, 2 years old, for £325. Brilliant £50's worth

1976 - now that was one long dry summer! I remember it well.

My bro dispatched one of these (and the 185 version) in Glasgow many years ago. It was stolen from outside his flat by joyriders one night, they leapt off and evaded the polis on foot when spotted. Says it all about joy in the Glasgow hinterland and CD performance.

Reliable, economical, if you can work on any Honda of that era you can work on one of these. Hipster the feck out of it and christen it Irony.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I rode on the back of one when I was a boy with a lad who knew my big sister. He was a big fat lad but when he opened it up it seemed fast compared to my dad's 350 AJS. :confused:

possibly the lowest bike known to man

Back
Top Bottom