Thread: What Cleaner and Polish do you reccomend

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

What Cleaner and Polish do you reccomend

Hi Nick, I would be interested in knowing what cleaning products BMW recommend and which they disapprove of.

My dealer only appears to sell Castrol Greentec and ASF50.

I have read somewhere that BMW disapprove of "Muck Off" and the likes?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

These work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Judder View Post
    Hi Nick, I would be interested in knowing what cleaning products BMW recommend and which they disapprove of.

My dealer only appears to sell Castrol Greentec and ASF50.

I have read somewhere that BMW disapprove of "Muck Off" and the likes?
    Only use muc off if you dilute it with 50% water
    sdoc 100 is the best i have found - nothing touches it but read how to apply it before using it
    All black plastics use auto glym bumber gel
    frame - use WD40
    wheel rims - WD40
    tyre walls - apply with a small square spounge - wall only - never let it run onto the tyre
    chrome - solvo auto solve
    panniers - Belgom alom (bet thats spelt wrong)
    seats - sdoc100
    screen and winglets use Meguires glass cleaner
    painted plastics - beak and tank etc use Meguires paint polish - cant remember the bloody name LOL

unfortunately there will be lots of keyboard warriors on here who say just ride it - fkit dont clean it - waste of time etc
    IGNORE them
    Theres nothing wrong with looking after it - you paid alot of money for it - and you can do both - trust me

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Find muc off miracle shine use it on all paint work inc engine and frame ,leaves good wet shine and if you get it on black plastic does not leave white marks
    Black trim use mcguires trip polish
    Wheel rims WD40 or like
    chrome , autos especially front exhaust pipes regularly (9k on clock 2 years old and they still look new)

like wise Don't listen to the wise guys just ride it , their the ones who probably do the posts all my paint is flaking off and looks shit.
    Also every bike i have traded in got top trade in value due to clean condition ,