Recommend me a roll bag

DaveK671

Reaction score
Looking for a roll bag to go on the top box rack to take tent + sleeping bags etc. Will be used when 2 up so needs to be on the top box rack.

Never used one before (my last alternative was a heavy duty bin-liner) but think the time has come for a half decent one.

Whats the realistic best size for the top box rack? 50 litres?

Cheers

Dave

I use the 40ltr Lomo and very happy with it and at around £20 its cheap as chips :)

top loading lomo bag.
Size question is somwhat dependent on the size of your tent?????? it needs to be big enough to fit the tent in, you DONT have to then FILL it with other shite!!!

Ortleib are very very good
Lomo is ok and is quite inexpensive

Depends what you need them for , if you are going away for many weeks and filling them with clothes and stuff that has to be 100% risk free Dry Then Ortlieb
If it's more for occasional use Lomo :thumb2

Would just be occasional use so Lomo sounds good. Does anyone have the 60 litre one? I need 65cm to fit the tent poles. Maybe the 40litre would do it though.

I have both will try and measure them in the morning but certainly the 60lt will fit.

On the waterproof front, I have had mine for over 10 years and they are still waterproof, several 2/3 week trips, every bit as good ortlib at a fraction of the price. I have an ortleib bag as well and haven't used it in years,

i have an ortlieb, which is great

I have both will try and measure them in the morning but certainly the 60lt will fit.

On the waterproof front, I have had mine for over 10 years and they are still waterproof, several 2/3 week trips, every bit as good ortlib at a fraction of the price. I have an ortleib bag as well and haven't used it in years,

That would be great if you could. Don't really want to go down the 60 Litre if I can help it cos guaranteed it will get overfilled

difficult to actualy measure but, my tent packed is 67 by 26 cm and it fits in the 40ltr bag hope thats of help

The lomos are great I have 2 20 litre bags and they fit perfectly on the alu panniers good quality.
One fits my 3 man tent in I have to take the poles out though.
The other my sleeping bag and whatever else I decide to put in it.

The 40ltrs look good and are plenty big enough.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My roll/dry bags came from Aldi. Minimal cost and have lasted well with no leaks or splits. So while they probably don't have any in stock right now, there is not much point in spending silly money on designer name products.

See what Millets or Mountain Warehouse have to offer.

Back
Top Bottom