New Bike arrived

Sooty09

Reaction score
At last my new F800GS has arrived, its almost a side line for BMW now and I have not seen any other new ones waiting for collection.
Picked mine up on Saturday

DSC00759.jpg

I managed a 100 mile run during which it snowed. hailed, rained and finally had a bit of sunshine. Shame it will never look as clean as the picture again.

Nice to be back on the 800 after four years of R200GS ownership.

Nice looking bike that. Was having a look when my 1200GSA was in for its first service on Saturday.

Hope you have many happy miles :thumb2

Very different to a boxer, and Ill miss some of its better points
I went from an F800 to the 1200 because I needed a two up bike for a couple of years. Took ages to get to like the air cooled single cam but eventually it worked for me, Always had doubts about the gearbox though.
I never did really take to the LC, the power is in the wrong place, no bottom end. It did what it was supposed to do very well, it also did 62 mpg average, 12000 to a set of tyres and felt very stable. Sadly high mileage and corrosion started to eat at is value, and I have doubts the bike will be capable of serious mileage without lots of TLC and an extended warranty.
Did a big tour last year and although the R1200GS did very well my wife was just behind doing the same on her F700GS.

Bike looks great. Best of luck with it. I sold my 1200gsa last year, sometime soon I'd like to replace it with 800GS

Welcome back to the lil twins. Im still enjoying my F650 Gs after 6 yrs of ownership. Lots of upgrades ahead, best one for me was losing the huge silencer and replacing with a Leo Vince can bought off here. Cleaned up fueling, reduced pops and bangs on the overun and must be 3 kgs lighter and slimmer.

That red frame looks gorgeous.

Steve

Cracking looker, health & wealth to enjoy.. :thumb

Very nice :beerjug: I changed my 13 plate 1200GSA for a 65 plate pre-reg 800GSA-T (still not sure what the T is for :nenau) a couple of weeks ago. Still getting used to it and the engine seems to be 'loosening up' a bit now but much more nimble and its growing on me. Miss the power of the 1200 sometimes but not the bulk. Enjoy!

Very nice :beerjug: I changed my 13 plate 1200GSA for a 65 plate pre-reg 800GSA-T (still not sure what the T is for :nenau) a couple of weeks ago. Still getting used to it and the engine seems to be 'loosening up' a bit now but much more nimble and its growing on me. Miss the power of the 1200 sometimes but not the bulk. Enjoy!

Touring

I've gone from a R1200RT to a F700GS. I was finding the 1200 too heavy to manoeuvre around at home. Tried the F800GS but it was just a little too high for me. settled on the 700. Really enjoying the bike and did a 200 mile trip one day last week. Occasionally notice the lack of protection and the raw grunt from the boxer engine but otherwise very happy with the change.

Hope you enjoy your new bike.

Like the red frame

Looks very nice.

Have fun and lot of enjoyable miles.

1200, 800, I think they are all great bikes. I still have my F800GS, now going to celebrate 7 years and 30000 miles. I have absolutely no idea what I would change to if I would have to. Just love the bike too much.

Back
Top Bottom