Zumo 390 failing to switch on

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had a very occasional fault with my 390 in that if I depress the on/off switch it fails to turn on. I can press the button as long as I like and nothing happens but if I hold the button down and randomly press different parts of the screen it eventually starts :confused:

Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so did you find a solution, did you just ignore it or if you sent it off for repairs where did you send it?

I'm off to Austria later this summer and having it let me down when I'm about to try and find a hotel is a bit more of a concern than getting home from an area I know though my wife will be with me and she's got an identical satnav so we'd cope no matter what happens.

The power lead is direct to the battery rather than being switched and whenever it has this problem putting it onto the cradle on my wife's bike doesn't cure it so it's something in the unit rather than the supply leading to a dead battery before that gets suggested.

If it's a well known fault that'll come back after it's been repaired I'll just deal with it because 5-10 minutes of fucking about pressing different parts of the screen sorts it and it's only happened 3 or 4 times in over 2 years so it's not enough to really piss me off. Well not yet anyway :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom