Zumo 390 - Trip Planner - Help!

Leedude, that would work just as well.

With the Nav V, you can switch a waypoint into an unannounced shaping point and back again, the device making a small recalculation each time. Find a convenient shaping point or waypoint and set it as your target, then pick up the route from there.

Another alternative would just be to throw the route up on the map but not run it. Then zoom in and out a bit and ride to it down roads of your choosing. This would be no different to the instruction 'Please ride to highlighted route' on older devices.

thanks for that Wapping, i will make a mental note for future reference, i am pretty sure a couple of the lads went out last week and purchased said units so i hyave no doubt i will be playing with one in the very near future.

David could you not have just picked an appropriate waypoint off your calais pre planned route and made that a destination in its own right, and hit take me there, and when that point was reached continue with the pre planned calais route,i dont even know if its possible, just asking as i will no doubt be having to sort problems for mates when we go away and more info is always usefull.

Yes that would work, but as my favourites contain too many meaningless names to search on, it is easier maybe not as quick to us the procedure I mentioned. I should really clear down my favourites.

DT

It is certainly useful to give Favourites names that will mean something to the device's owner at some future date.

As the devices are to some degree or another 'Personal computers' how a bod names points and why will always vary, according to personal taste. For instance, when it comes to recording cafes (of which I have many) I put in the location and whether it's just a tea stop or whether it offers food, too. Similarly, I might give it some other marker, like 'Cafe & food, Alencon, Le Mans', in other words, a cafe where I can get something more than a tea, in Alencon, used when going to Le Mans, if I think it will help me remember it at some future date.

You know I believe you're right Richard. I generally only search on Favourites for past known destinations ( to get me there quick) or POI. So this week -end I am going to re-organise my favourites. Should have done this a long while ago I guess.
DT

when planing a route in either base camp or mapsource, i will always rename my waypoints to something i will remember i find its easier to rename them from whithin the software than on the unit.

With the Nav V, you can switch a waypoint into an unannounced shaping point and back again,

Never knew you could do this, though I admit never had the need to yet. Must look into this on how it is done. Guess this can only be done on a 'active route' only

Generally as a rule I only have viapoints in my route with onyl two waypoints ( start/finish). Unless I am on a long rute then I will put in some waypoints for petrol fill reminders.

DT

Ignore my "Never Knew" last, getting my via / shaping/waypoints mixed up. Love Garmins wording standards!
Of course one can change a via point to a shaping point and back again on Nav V.
I have used this method quite a few times, to get me to an intermidate destination , where my route properties contain all shaping points. You cannot use a shaping point as a new destination on a active route, but chnage it to a Via point ( orange flag) you can.

Back
Top Bottom