Honda Crosstourer DCT

marcopol

Reaction score
Anyone here have one or know someone who rides one. Fancy one of these but don't know enough about them to take the plunge.

I had one for a year/6k miles.

+ Lovely V4 engine
+ Initial DCT novelty value
+ Comfy
+ reliable

- Crap front suspension - felt like it was off a Scooter
- Thirsty
- Heavy
- DCT - when novelty wears off you miss blasting a bike through the gears

Overall, a decent bike but its a bit dated now. Easy enough to sell on though.

I work near Megabikes.
I _think_ they have a demo one you could try.
Want me to pop in and ask?

i had one for 3 months,didnt do it for me.good engine brakes were good,as said front suspension was rubbish.tried loads of different settings and couldnt get it right.the heaviest bike ive ever had.went back to another gs.take a very long test ride,or take two over different days.the slow speed manouvering with the dct was a pain.perhaps im just a crap rider,but when i went back to a gs,it was like riding a far smaller bike. j

Friend of mine has one and recently had a recall to do with the shaft drive. Just in case you need to check if it's been done.
Tried one and it's ok, but heavy and maybe a bit bland?
While the DCT was impressive, I think I would stick with manual. For me, the novelty quickly wore off.
Mind you, if my FD goes tits up again in the near future I'll be considering a manual Crosstourer.

Cross tourer

He might be busy organising the HUBB event in EnnisKillen but I think Liam rides one?

Post a couple of pics if you get a chance.

A guy from the north was down at one of the Overlanders open days on a black one. He had it well modified, the stand out mod was a very short MotoGP style exhaust.......it sounded absolutely amazing (as a V4 should)

Back
Top Bottom