Harz mountains .....

To the question:

May be able to get away in the last week of September , what is the weatehjr like in the Harz mountains later in the season ?

The replies went:

2nd week In sept when we were there last years average temp was 32 degrees !!

Well it really, really pished down today. Started with wet roads after overnight rain, but the heavens opened after noon time.

About 15-18 degrees, rained for part of yesterday & today

Was in Harz end of August, weather fine, roads were superb, recommended.

So, in short, the weather will be what it'll be..... and he didn't go anyway.

Auto motive museum.

PS.Speicher in Einbeck.
Next time you in the Hartz region you MUST give this place a day of your tour.
A superb collection of cars and bikes in great surroundings.

This is not a oil and dust collection in a old building. It is one mans unique collection of mainly German vehicles, There is a good selection of 70s/80s jap and Italian bikes.

Each area is set out in the style of the times, clothes, camping and dining.

Cheers Dave.

Going back late May next year for the 20th anniversary of the first trip I organised when I was still wearing a green suit from man at Q&M.

Used to be able to get us booked into the military ski lodges for peanuts, then migrated to the Roseneck, but Greg and Jackie have moved on so need to find some alternate accommodation.

For what is essentially a tiny area, it gives you 80% of what the alps gives you, and there is plenty to see and do.

Kyffhauser is still one of my favourite roads, if you can get a clear run up and down, and there are several good border museums. Some of the old deserted eastie airfields were good for a bit of Urban Exploration to, but a lot have now been turned into Solar Farms.

Bloody KTM Wallahs
e147c2c05ae38aa542dcd240c409b1f6.jpg

More nosey KTM Wallahs
680bf9b94fc87aac72d74eeddeb308a9.jpg

My lad happy about stumbling on Ahlstedt Airbase
ebfde8b31ebb3ce34858958a163d3b65.jpg

My summer touring group is going to Harz region next June - I have used booking.com to reserve 7 rooms in Hotel Der Achtermann in Goslar for 3 nights - easy peasy, no cash up front

Having 3 nights in the Eiffel before hand in the Parkhotel in Bad Bertich.

Just need to sort out the overnight stop on the way back from Goslar to the Tunnel. Only have 8 months or so to procrastinate.

Some hotels in Goslar have over 100 rooms so it should be easy to find space, as long as you are prepared to pay the going rate which will exceed 100 euro a night for a double room with breakfast.

100 euros?

Just last week I was 135 euros for 2 nights in hotel Kaiserhof.

A nice man let me park in the back garden.

It’s a nice wee toon.

Attachments

• 75DE2A7C-3F01-4C0E-BBB0-BA7AE87246B6.jpg
    75DE2A7C-3F01-4C0E-BBB0-BA7AE87246B6.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 460
100 euros?

It’s a nice wee toon.

my comment is in the context of a large group as required by the OP: most hotels in the area are modest in size, family run places.

Some hotels in Goslar have over 100 rooms so it should be easy to find space, as long as you are prepared to pay the going rate which will exceed 100 euro a night for a double room with breakfast.

100 euros?

No doubt it's possible to find hotels / digs / B&B / Bikermate friendly rooms / bunk house (call them what you will) at more than Wessie's price and for less than Boxerboy's.... all depending on local / regional demand, the time of year, the quality of the establishment and its facilities, the number of rooms required, their individual configuration and indeed, the intended duration of the stay.

Everyone's demands are similar and at the same time different. Shop around, everyone and anyone will find something that suits them and / or their maybe 100 or more mates.

i was at the harz mountains a few years ago.

It was a wonderfull view but you should discover all by yourself.

This will make way more fun as a planed rout.

good luck and nice holidays :) :aidan

Harz sped limits.

I’ve just come back from a trip that took in the Harz mountains. Not all the riding was special. Nice, but lacked any wow factor. Plan your days out to get the best riding. Also worth researching old East German border if history is your thing.
On occasions the police are out in force and we saw dozens of bikes being stopped. One of us got a 150 Euro fine on the spot.

what was the reason for that ?

When I was in the Harz, weekends were bordering on mayhem: all the sportsbike riders from Berlin, Hannover etc ride over to the Harz to play. And, much like their english cousins, they drive like loons on any road with sweeping bends and/or hairpins. It one Saturday afternoon, I probably saw 4 bikes in the armco....

So the police go out in force to stop the carnage. Midweek riding was a pleasure though

When I was in the Harz, weekends were bordering on mayhem: all the sportsbike riders from Berlin, Hannover etc ride over to the Harz to play. And, much like their english cousins, they drive like loons on any road with sweeping bends and/or hairpins. It one Saturday afternoon, I probably saw 4 bikes in the armco....

So the police go out in force to stop the carnage. Midweek riding was a pleasure though

Yeah, it’s chokka here
60019a9d94d2e9bd397dc379eeb3b2c2.jpg
. Not been passed by more than 3 bikes yet. Empty as. Blissful roads with super surface and predictable corners. Paradise
4ae2b107f6cb6ed2b6de2b12edab8b00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom