RTLC ICONIC

Lovely bike, give me a shout when you get bored and want the latest bike and I'll have it off you:D

very nice mate indeed..i think black wheels would finish that off a treat

She's a real 'beaut!

The bikes not too bad either!

You silver tongued smoothy you:kissy2

:D

skid06 - Yes, you are not the first to suggest black wheels, and i agree. :thumb

casbar - I think this RT might be a keeper (for at least a couple of years anyway :augie) Although to my knowledge, BMW haven't updated anything on the 16 plate bike. The engine and gearbox is much nicer than my 14 plate RT.

That is SUCH a beautiful bike, but to have it I have to remove and replace the cameras, horn, topbox plate, givi remote locking, heated grip/battery charger lead, lowered pegs, raised bars AND find another 5 grand !

Might be possible to have mine resprayed??

Are the infill panels standard BMW or Puig or what??

D

That is SUCH a beautiful bike, but to have it I have to remove and replace the cameras, horn, topbox plate, givi remote locking, heated grip/battery charger lead, lowered pegs, raised bars AND find another 5 grand !

Might be possible to have mine resprayed??

Are the infill panels standard BMW or Puig or what??

D

I also had to transfer all my accessories from my previous RT to this one, but it was worth it. However, refitting the Ilium bar risers is a pain, as i need the special tool this time (anyone have one i can borrow?).

A good respray would cost a couple of grand i would think though.

The infill panels are genuine BMW accessories, just ask your dealer for the splash guard panel kit.

What is an iconic

Obviously I've been out of the loop for a while, I really enjoy my watercooled RT . However I've not heard of that iconic. So is it a limited edition with a slightly higher price tag? Is the colour scheme the same as 100 RT?
I know for me having owned three RT s the colour schemes are deadly boring usually from BMW.

Obviously I've been out of the loop for a while, I really enjoy my watercooled RT . However I've not heard of that iconic. So is it a limited edition with a slightly higher price tag? Is the colour scheme the same as 100 RT?
I know for me having owned three RT s the colour schemes are deadly boring usually from BMW.

The 100 Iconic is to celebrate that BMW is 100yrs old, so they've done some with special pain jobs, different seats etc and each model has only 100 made like this and each bike is numbered say 11\100 :)

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/february/bmw-reveals-iconic-100-special-editions/

My local dealer sold their allocation of two bikes, then got another one on Thursday from another dealer who wanted one of their stock. I went to see it on Friday and had to put a deposit down as soon as I saw it.

They are just getting their new test bike (a 'normal' RT) sorted for us to have for a day next week, if it is better for us than our GSA then we will finalise the Iconic purchase.

I saw one in the flesh yesterday at Cotswold BMW,s BBQ day . It looks even better close up,having only seen Yonko,s pics before.
A real quality paint scheme,makes the GS etc Iconics look a bit bland.

Saw one at Bahnstormer Alton. They are stunning, but don't think they are flying off the shelves

My local dealer sold their allocation of two bikes, then got another one on Thursday from another dealer who wanted one of their stock. I went to see it on Friday and had to put a deposit down as soon as I saw it.
They are just getting their new test bike (a 'normal' RT) sorted for us to have for a day next week, if it is better for us than our GSA then we will finalise the Iconic purchase.

Congrats on the purchase, you did the same as me. I had a Blue one ordered, but had to have the Iconic as soon as i saw it in the showroom.

I saw one in the flesh yesterday at Cotswold BMW,s BBQ day . It looks even better close up,having only seen Yonko,s pics before.

Yep, does doesn't it, and i'm not keen on the red quilted seat on the GS's either.

You're not getting it - The RS is painted to represent the R90S, the RT the R100RT and the GS's the R80GS Paris Dakar. They didn't just get 8Ball to design a random paint job.

You're not getting it - The RS is painted to represent the R90S, the RT the R100RT and the GS's the R80GS Paris Dakar. They didn't just get 8Ball to design a random paint job.

Oh I get it perfectly and fully understand what they are attempting to replicate,but I think the RT is the only one that works.
The other Iconics fall short of the mark for me.

Oh I get it perfectly and fully understand what they are attempting to replicate,but I think the RT is the only one that works.
The other Iconics fall short of the mark for me.

Yes, and I don't think the paint job, red seat and black engine bars and rack warrant an extra £2000 hit.

So a RT LE costs £17445 with Dynamic and Audio. Add the top box - lets make it a round £18k. Therefore an Iconic RT at £20665 is substantially more than £2k for the paint job and seat and therefore makes the GS models a bargain (relatively speaking - still not sure if they are worth it) :rob

BMW will continue to charge extortionate prices if they know there are punters happy to be ripped off....:augie

Now now...value is in the eye of the beholder. I can think of a few bikes that cost less but offer much less value...but it's just my opinion. If someone is happy with the price (and they bought it so they must be) and happy with the product afterwards then how can they possibly have been ripped off? Each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the RT colour, but I'm pretty sure the red is more red than my old R100RT, that was if I remember a darker Red. So is it just that its red :)

Back
Top Bottom