RTLC ICONIC

Don't wanna sound stupid, but I thought the new LC engine was already Euro4? Hence the water cooling, massive exhaust and collector.

As far as I know it's Euro 3 and so is the 1000xr:

http://m.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/uk/en/bike/enduro/2012/r1200gs/r1200gs_overview.html?ref=desktop

The Ducati Multi DVT or new Triumph Explorer are already Euro 4 for example.

It doesn't really matter for models currently on sale however any new model presented next autumn will have to be Euro 4.

That being said the new BMW Scrambler is Euro 4 so I'm sure they could update the LC engine as well if needed.

As far as I know it's Euro 3 and so is the 1000xr:

http://m.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/uk/en/bike/enduro/2012/r1200gs/r1200gs_overview.html?ref=desktop

The Ducati Multi DVT or new Triumph Explorer are already Euro 4 for example.

It doesn't really matter for models currently on sale however any new model presented next autumn will have to be Euro 4.

That being said the new BMW Scrambler is Euro 4 so I'm sure they could update the LC engine as well if needed.

There is a big difference between a bike that is Euro3 that needs some tinkering to meet Euro4 and the number of much older bikes that will stop being sold next year, (most 600cc Supersport bikes for example).

I don't buy that there will be a new RT/GS next year, but the current one will be modified to meet the new regulations. (Pretty sure the cunning Germans have already forward engineered it so it won't need a big change to pass).

There is a big difference between a bike that is Euro3 that needs some tinkering to meet Euro4 and the number of much older bikes that will stop being sold next year, (most 600cc Supersport bikes for example).

I don't buy that there will be a new RT/GS next year, but the current one will be modified to meet the new regulations. (Pretty sure the cunning Germans have already forward engineered it so it won't need a big change to pass).

The new GS will be announced later this year at the bike show as a 2018 model (available next September), then the new GSA announced as a 2019 model (available September 2018).

Well heart over-ruled the head;

30/100 is now mine, the figures added up, the deal was good, and with a few extras to go on I am picking it up in 3 weeks.

The missus is even happier than me, and is forking out for the wunderlich engine bars as a pressie.

Now is the fine to buy a brand new R1200 GS/R/LT as they will be piling on the goodies to get rid for the new model. I for one never buy an early version of a new model. My 2016 GSA seems to have all the things sorted that we used to read about so much.

It's good everyone's different and some just can't wait for the latest model.

Now is the fine to buy a brand new R1200 GS/R/LT as they will be piling on the goodies to get rid for the new model. I for one never buy an early version of a new model. My 2016 GSA seems to have all the things sorted that we used to read about so much.

It's good everyone's different and some just can't wait for the latest model.

I haven't had any major problems in the past with first year models. My advice to anyone considering one is to take stuff on forums with a pinch of salt, and go and decide for yourself.

Well heart over-ruled the head;

30/100 is now mine, the figures added up, the deal was good, and with a few extras to go on I am picking it up in 3 weeks.

The missus is even happier than me, and is forking out for the wunderlich engine bars as a pressie.

Congrats. Strange how the Heart usually overules the head, when it comes to bikes. If yours is as good as mine, you will be very happy indeed.

Congrats. Strange how the Heart usually overules the head, when it comes to bikes. If yours is as good as mine, you will be very happy indeed.

It'll get used for sure, just waiting for the Wunderlich lower engine bars to be fitted, and have agreed to pick it up on 3rd July.

Top Box brake light and pannier paint guards also going on before we get it.

Manx TT in August a possibility, TT next year a certainty.

I know someone with a new K1600 who was so smitten by the Iconic RT paintwork that his 1600 is currently stripped down & being repainted as we speak........:beerjug:

Was in discussion today about one …My Part ex would be a 2015 RT ,every extra apart from top box and audio Black, 5000 miles on it….they are offering £14500 !!! ( more than i thought)…so my deal is £6300 and my bike ….

When I purchased mine i didn't want the audio or top box .( and I still dont).so in reality i am paying just for the red paint ….Its a NO from me at present. seen the bike a few times in the flesh and they are gorgeous. Salesman said all RTs will have the black engine for 2017

Was in discussion today about one …My Part ex would be a 2015 RT ,every extra apart from top box and audio Black, 5000 miles on it….they are offering £14500 !!! ( more than i thought)…so my deal is £6300 and my bike ….

When I purchased mine i didn't want the audio or top box .( and I still dont).so in reality i am paying just for the red paint ….Its a NO from me at present. seen the bike a few times in the flesh and they are gorgeous. Salesman said all RTs will have the black engine for 2017

You just summed up my decision making process, but I simply had to have one.

Sales must be slow for the RT and RS Iconic's. They have bundled in a Nav5 and all three pannier bags for the RT; with Nav5 and Panniers for the RS. Both are offered with low rate finance.

Sales must be slow for the RT and RS Iconic's. They have bundled in a Nav5 and all three pannier bags for the RT; with Nav5 and Panniers for the RS. Both are offered with low rate finance.

Can you post a link, is that your local dealer or a nationwide offer?

I have a deposit on mine and will be finalising the finance and paperwork next week, your post intrigues me as I still have room to make a better deal.

I have a deposit on mine and will be finalising the finance and paperwork next week, your post intrigues me as I still have room to make a better deal.

It came within the latest dealer newsletter. Have a word with your dealer.

I had an email from Bahnstormer today with the offer. Give them a call.:thumb

I was very interested in the Iconic, beautiful bike!, and asked about a part ex price for my 2015 RT LE with comfort package, audio and topbox, blue and silver, with 6000 miles.
I was offered £11500 for it against a new Iconic. Not impressed!!!!
I never inquired any further!!!!

However, could be re-interested(?) if I'd got offered something similar to what DC was offered for his.

Could you please tell me who was the dealer DC?

I haven't had any major problems in the past with first year models. My advice to anyone considering one is to take stuff on forums with a pinch of salt, and go and decide for yourself.

Nice choice of words there,Nutster,seeing as it would appear it's salt that destroys a modern BMW within 6 months !!!

Back
Top Bottom